- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
This book both affirms that God uses the Christian community to send us into ministry and demystifies the process. This down-to-earth handbook
The relational strategy in this book has proven valuable for those who serve Christ on campus, in the city or in other special ministries at home or abroad. It is not necessarily the quickest approach to raising money, but it is the most lasting and fulfilling for those who give and receive.
Number of Pages: 5.50
Vendor: InterVarsity Press
Publication Date: 1999
|Dimensions: 8.25 X 5.50 (inches)|
Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.
- offers a clear, biblical perspective
- gives step-by-step instructions on how to assemble the tools unique to each person's support-raising task
- helps you know what range of gift to ask of a potential donor
- outlines the how-tos of holding a home promotional event
- tells the four predictors of church support
- is aware of the diverse ethnic contexts of today's new mission candidates
- includes a chapter by a woman for women on their unique challenges in support raising
- shows how to build a base in a strong church when you don't have one
- explains exactly why people do and don't give
" Getting Sent is a clearly written, practical guide to raising financial support for ministry. It demystifies the deputation process, debunks myths about why people give and presents a step-by-step plan for building and maintaining a long- term support team. The book includes nine Bible studies that focus on the scriptural principles undergirding Sommer's approach. While Getting Sent is obviously a valuable resource for anyone preparing for missions, it is also worthwhile reading for veteran missionaries who need to sharpen their donor communication skills. Pastors, too, will gain insight from the book, allowing them to be more helpful to would-be missionaries in their congregations."
Nancy Jean Smith5 Stars Out Of 5March 20, 2009Nancy Jean SmithI loved this book! I read through it in just 4 hours! I had to highlight a lot of paragraphs and sentences because there was so much to take in. Great thoughts for those who are doing missions in or out of the U.S.
Getting in the Way: Stories from Christian Peacemaker TeamsTricia Gates BrownHerald Press / 2005 / Trade Paperback$17.09 Retail:
$18.99Save 10% ($1.90)Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.CBD Stock No: WW192486