- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 136
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2006
|Dimensions: 8.5 X 5.5 (inches)|
Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.
Can I drink the water?
But I don't speak the language.
You want me to sleep where?
They eat what?
How am I going to raise that much money?
Is it really God's will for me to go?
I don't know how to share the gospel.
Are you ready?More than one million people will go into all the world on short-term missions trips this year. Are you ready to be one of them?
Anne-Geri' and Greg have been in the field and led teams there-and back. They will help you prep and pack for the trip, put their arms around you while you're gone, and offer perspective as you reenter "normal" life.
How to Get Ready for Short-Term Missions will help you:
- Pack your suitcase and prepare your heart
- Build genuine relationships with the locals
- Understand cultural differences
- Deal with physical fatigue
- Combat stretched emotions
There's even a chapter for clammy-handed parents!
With humor and experience, Anne-Geri' and Greg ask questions you can't hide from and help you focus on your true mission.
Anne-Geri' (Angie) Fann has a B.A. in Bible from Harding University and an M.S. in Christian Ministry from Abilene Christian University. She is currently an adjunct professor in the Bible department at David Lipscomb University. She has served in missions all over the world, writes for ministry magazines, and conducts church seminars on preparing teams for short-term missions.Greg Taylor is managing editor of New Wineskins magazine and author of several books, including High Places: A Novel (Leafwood, 2004). Greg was a church planter in Uganda from 1994-2001.
Other Customers Also Purchased
Counterfeit Gods: The Empty Promises of Money, Sex, and Power--and the Only Hope That MattersTimothy KellerDutton Adult / 2009 / Hardcover$14.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 16 Reviews
$19.95Save 25% ($4.96)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW951360Video
Short-Term Mission: An Ethnography of Christian TravelBrian M. HowellIVP Academic / 2012 / Trade Paperback$13.99 Retail:
$20.00Save 30% ($6.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW839735Video
The Valley of Vision: A Collection of Puritan Prayers & Devotions- Gift Edition, black bonded leatherArthur BennettBanner of Truth / Bonded Leather$18.49 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 67 Reviews
$26.00Save 29% ($7.51)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW518214
Find Related Products
- Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Evangelism
- Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Missions
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Outreach >> Evangelism
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Outreach >> Missions
- Books >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Evangelism
- Books >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Missions >> Short Term
- Books >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Missions >> The Church & Missions
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Outreach >> Evangelism
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Outreach >> Missions
- Start A New Search