- All Products
- Grade Level
- Media Type
- VeggieTales Characters
- Guides & Workbooks
- Author / Artist
- Top Rated
- At least 10% off
- At least 20% off
- At least 30% off
- At least 40% off
- At least 50% off
- At least 60% off
- At least 70% off
- At least 80% off
Number of Pages: 32
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2012
Dimensions: 10.88 X 8.50 (inches)
Availability: In Stock
Series: Gabby, God's Little Angel
Gigi, God's Little Princess: 4-in-1 Treasure Box SetSheila Walsh4.5 Stars Out Of 5 9 ReviewsSave 20%
I Am Loved: Celebrating God's Incredible Love for YouSheila Walsh5 Stars Out Of 5 1 ReviewsSave 24%
Gigi's Big Break: God's Little Princess DVD Series #7Sheila Walsh4.5 Stars Out Of 5 16 ReviewsSave 18%
Our favorite little angel is back with more giggles, more fun, and an important message for little girlsdont give up when things get hard.
Gabby is a little guardian angel with a big job to do! Watching over Sophie is hard work, but Gabby knows that God wants her to stick to it.
Gabby, Gods Little Angel, flies to the rescue as Sophie attempts to help others but has a little trouble sticking with things. Sophie tries to be helpful by washing the family dog for her mom, but she gives up when shes the one who ends up all wet. She then tries to be kind by reading to her little brother, but he has plans of his own, which include a splash of cereal right in Sophies face! When Sophie is ready to quit once again, its up to Gabby to encourage her to keep trying and to teach her what the Bible says about perseverance: We must not become tired of doing good. We will receive our harvest of eternal life at the right time if we do not give up. (Galatians 6:9 NCV)
Common Core Standards:
- R.CCR.1 Read closely to determine what the text says explicitly and to make logical inferences from it; cite specific textual evidence when writing or speaking to support conclusions drawn from the text;
- R.CCR.2 Determine central ideas or themes of a text and analyze their development; summarize the key supporting details and ideas;
- R.CCR.3 Analyze how and why individuals, events, and ideas develop and interact over the course of a text;
- R.CCR.7 Integrate and evaluate content presented in diverse media and formats, including visually and quantitatively, as well as in words;
- R.CCR.9 Analyze how two or more texts address similar themes or topics in order to build knowledge or to compare the approaches the authors take;
- SL.CCR.1 Prepare for and participate effectively in a range of conversations and collaborations with diverse partners, building on others' ideas and expressing their own clearly and persuasively
Sophie wants to do good, and she tries very hard to be good. But when things get hard to do, Sophie quits every time! Gabby, her guardian angel, is frustrated by how Sophie quits time after time, and the senior angel tells Gabby that her mission is to teach Sophie not to quit!
So, Gabby heads down to Earth where Sophie is giving the dog a bath. But the dog wont stay in the tub! When Sophie and Gabby end up getting soaked and Sophie yells, I quit! what is a little angel to do?
My daughters (ages nine and six) love Sheila Walshs books so much that they recognize Sheilas name and ask for me to please review her books. GABBYS STICK-TO-IT DAY is another winner for my two girls. Both of them sat down and read it without waiting for me to read it first, and then sat in my lap so I could read it out loud to them.
The pictures are engaging, the words attention grabbing, and the lesson is valuable. I highly recommend this book, the second one in Sheilas Gabby, Gods Little Angel series. (The book easily stands alone.) For ages three and up. - posted by Linda
Other Customers Also Purchased
How to Be God's Little Princess: Royal Tips of Manners and Etiquette for GirlsSheila Walsh4.5 Stars Out Of 5 31 ReviewsSave 18%