- All Products
- Marriage & Divorcehttp://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/easy_find?event=EBRN&N=5401&Ne=1138100&Nso=1&Nu=product%2Eendeca%5Frollup&Ns=product%2Enumber%5Fsold
- Media Type
- Author / Artist
- Top Rated
- At least 10% off
- At least 20% off
- At least 30% off
- At least 40% off
- At least 50% off
- At least 60% off
- At least 70% off
- At least 80% off
- At least 90% off
Number of Pages: 224
Vendor: Moody Publishers
Publication Date: 2009
Dimensions: 8.50 X 5.50 (inches)
Availability: In Stock
Believe: A Young Widow's Journey Through Brokenness and BackJennifer SilveraSave 21%
An Untroubled Heart: Finding a Faith That Is Stronger Than All My FearsMicca Campbell4.5 Stars Out Of 5 2 ReviewsSave 20%
Other Customers Also Purchased
A Goodbye to Yesterday Unabridged Audiobook on CDWanda E. BrunstetterSave 31%
Humor for a Mom's HeartSave 24%
One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You AreAnn Voskamp4.5 Stars Out Of 5 225 ReviewsSave 67%
Submitted: April 30, 2009
Tell us a little about yourself. I have a new life I did not choose. But it is unfolding as exciting, rewarding, full of surprises and adventures. I can relate to people in change, crisis, and transitions, whether financial, divorce, death of someone they care about intensely, or any move. I understand. We can strengthen each other!
What was your motivation behind this project? When I became a widow, I could not find any resource to meet my needs and desires. Every thing changed in my life. Many didn't understand. Still I desired to grow in a positive way. This book is a resource that addresses so much of what we need in times of change.
What do you hope folks will gain from this project? Definitely information on everything from money to friendships, emotions like grief, depression, and anger, to courage and new faith. I trust folks will find new hope and courage rather than being stuck in ordinary and facing backwards. Married friends have told me EVERY woman should read this book.
How were you personally impacted by working on this project? Certainly this book has been part of MY healing. I've now traveled to Africa providing sewing machines to widows, thanks to my network of friends, many of whom are new on this journey as well. I feel like a wealthy, blessed woman.
Who are your influences, sources of inspiration or favorite authors / artists? Can someone mentor you by osmosis? Since my husband's departure, I realize his profound impact on me--my desire for excellence, persistence, integrity, and impact. I desire those things. He set a high standard and lived it with gentle, classic grace. "Thanks, Honey. I only remember you on the days I'm breathing."
Anything else you'd like readers / listeners to know: I trust this book comforts, informs, and brings you some chuckles. Read on!
Find Related Products
- Books >> Bible Studies
- Books >> Family >> Marriage & Divorce >> Marriage
- Books >> Personal Growth >> Aging >> Other
- Books >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues >> Death/Dying
- Books >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues >> Grieving
- Books >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues >> Other
- Books >> Personal Growth >> Relationships >> Other
- Books >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues >> Family >> Marriage
- Books >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues >> Personal Life >> Aging
- Books >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues >> Relationships
- Family >> Marriage & Divorce >> Marriage
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search