- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 64
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2000
Dimensions: 6.75 X 4.00 (inches)
Availability: In Stock
Series: Friendship 911
Sixteen-year-old Kevin Colvin, burdened by his parent's fighting, the recent death of his best friend and slipping grades, despairs that he's just "a waste of space on this planet. Is this a passing thought or is he about to seriously contemplate suicide?
Do you know any students like Kevin who are caught in the downward emotional spiral of disappointment to discouragement to despair? What can you say or do to help? What do they need most right now? Perhaps more than any time in their lives they need a "911 friend"-a friend who " is always loyal and a brother [and sister who] is born to help in time of need" (Prov. 17:17).
Through the aid of a gripping true-to-life story, Josh McDowell along with Ed Stewart offers biblical insights and practical instruction on what your friend can do when plagued with passing thoughts of ending it all. But more importantly, you will discover how to become a true source of help and encouragement to lift him or her from discouragement and despair. This book is designed for you to read first and then give to your friend.
And if you are that person struggling with despair, you can learn how to find that light at the end of the dark tunnel you seem to be in. For you will discover how important you are to God and to those around you, especially to the friend who gave you this book.
Josh McDowell is an internationally known speaker and author. He is a traveling representative of Campus Crusade for Christ speaking to more than ten million young people. Josh has authored or coauthored more than 120 books. Josh and his wife, Dottie, have four grown children.Veteran writer Ed Stewart is the author or co-author of numerous Christian books. He began writing fiction for youth as a co-author with Josh McDowell. He has since authored four suspense novels for adults. Ed and his wife, Carol, live in Hillsboro, Oregon.
Find Related Products
- Books >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Youth Ministry >> Challenging Topics
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Youth Ministry >> Relationships
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Youth Ministry >> Series
- Books >> Personal Growth >> Counseling/Psychology
- Books >> Personal Growth >> Relationships >> Friendship
- Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Church & Pastoral >> Youth Ministry >> Challenging Topics
- Church & Pastoral >> Youth Ministry >> Relationships
- Church & Pastoral >> Youth Ministry >> Series
- Teens >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Teens >> Personal Growth
- Teens >> Relationships >> Friendship
- Start A New Search