- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: 10 Publishing
Publication Date: 2012
Availability: In Stock
‘What are the marks of a supernaturally changed heart?’
This is one of the questions the Apostle Paul addresses as he writes to the church in Corinth. He’s not after some superficial outward tinkering, but instead a deep–rooted, life–altering change that takes place on the inside. In an age where pleasing people, puffing up your ego and building your résumé are seen as the methods to ‘make it’, the Apostle Paul calls us to find true rest in blessed self–forgetfulness.
In this short and punchy book, best–selling author Timothy Keller, shows that gospel–humility means we can stop connecting every experience, every conversation with ourselves and can thus be free from self–condemnation. A truly gospel–humble person is not a self–hating person or a self–loving person, but a self–forgetful person.
This freedom can be yours…
NigranusPragueAge: 55-65Gender: male4 Stars Out Of 5Mercy even for meDecember 13, 2012NigranusPragueAge: 55-65Gender: maleQuality: 4Value: 4Meets Expectations: 4This book contains very important emphases on merciful attitude to ourselves. Even being under God's mercy and grace we are sometimes not free to forget ourselves. We have to think through various Bible passages and to pray for freedom to forget ourselves in the Name of Christ Jesus.
iamhBC, CanadaAge: 45-54Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5A profound treasure.October 25, 2012iamhBC, CanadaAge: 45-54Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5When it comes to the topic of justification, which, ultimately, this work is about, many authors get carried away in their lofty and highly technical theological categories and jargon. This book does not. It is profoundly practical and highly accessible, though, by no means simplistic. Although the somewhat awkward title leaves people (whom I have given copies to) guessing--sometimes smirking--as to "why I think they need to read this book" (I don't think I have an agenda), the book itself is most relevant to North American (can I go so far as to say, Western) Christians. I personally needed this message.
Other Customers Also Purchased
The Insanity of God: A True Story of Faith ResurrectedNik Ripken, Gregg LewisB&H Books / 2013 / Trade Paperback$11.49 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 10 Reviews
$14.99Save 23% ($3.50)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW673085Video
Believing God Day by Day: Growing Your Faith All Year Long - eBookBeth MooreB&H Books / 2008 / ePub$9.995 Stars Out Of 5 2 ReviewsAvailability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW6348EB
Find Related Products
- Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Spiritual Warfare
- Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Spirituality
- Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Spiritual Warfare
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Evangelism
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Spiritual Warfare
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Spirituality
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Evangelism >> Discipleship
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search