- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Sunday School
Number of Pages: 128
Vendor: Moody Publishers
Publication Date: 2013
Dimensions: 7 X 5 X .31 (inches)
Availability: In Stock
Series: Bible Savvy
Other Customers Also Purchased
#4: 1st Chronicles Thru Job - Timeless Stories and Life LessonsTremper Longman IIIBarbour Publishing / 2009 / Trade Paperback$0.99 Retail:
$9.99Save 90% ($9.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW897709
Deuteronomy Thru Ruth: The Importance of ObedienceTremper Longman IIIBarbour Publishing / 2009 / Trade Paperback$0.99 Retail:
$9.99Save 90% ($9.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW897686
Foundation: The Reliability of the Bible / New edition - eBookJames NicodemMoody Publishers / 2013 / ePub$5.00 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$7.99Save 37% ($2.99)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW37363EB
Can the Bible be trusted?
Do we even know how it was formed and how it got to us?
What makes this book so special?
Questions like these have nagged at the minds of many people over the years, including Christians. In Foundation, Pastor Jim Nicodem gives clear answers to these and other pressing questions about the trustworthiness of the Bible.
Foundation makes the case that the Bible is Gods book. God:
- "Breathed" it out through human authors (inspiration)
- Gathered its 66 books into one volume (canon)
- Protected it from errors through centuries of copying (transmission)
- Faithfully reveals himself and his will for our lives in its pages (revelation).
How can we be sure of these claims? Foundation provides plenty of evidence to back them up, giving us the confidence to build our lives on Gods Word.
Perfect for believers at any stage as well as questioners or skeptics, Foundation provides an accessible resource explaining why the Bible can be trusted and how we can more fully understand it.
Ruth StilesCentral NYAge: 25-34Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5October 26, 2013Ruth StilesCentral NYAge: 25-34Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Foundation by James Nicodem is an excellent resource and tool for any Christian or seek of the truther. Pastor Nicodem outlines the basic structure of the Bible, its foundational beliefs, and what to do with this essential book.
He lists four things one must know when they study God's Word in order to get the most of the Bible:
(1) The storyline of the Bible
(2) The reliability of the Bible
(3) How to understand the Bible
(4) How to apply the Bible
After a brief introduction. Pastor Nicodem dives into the autobiography of God (the Doctrine of Inspiration), moves to the History of the Bible, transitions to the only way to know God (Doctrine of Revelation), and concludes with the means of Learning. Each of these four chapters ends with a Study Guide that is practical for small group and personal study.
The research of this book is well grounded in fact and Biblical fact. James Nicodem lays out a clear cut path to knowing God or knowing God better. This is a well written book that is a must read for everyone. It is easy to read with a flowing text. I highly recommend it.
Find Related Products
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Bible Doctrines >> Scripture/Word of God
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Books >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Bible Doctrines >> Scripture/Word of God
- Books >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Sunday School >> Undated Curriculum >> Adults
- Sunday School >> Undated Curriculum >> Teens
- Start A New Search