What Can Be Found In LOST?: Insights on GOD & the Meaning of Life from the Popular TV Series
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
As many of the difficulties of everyday life are captured succinctly in LOST, the show becomes a useful "point of reference" tool for understanding the differing viewpoints people hold regarding issues of a spiritual nature. John Ankerberg and Dillon Burroughs in What Can Be Found in LOST offer practical suggestions for Christians who desire to talk effectively to others about the various themes of the hit TV series.
Number of Pages: 176
Vendor: Harvest House Publishers
Publication Date: 2008
|Dimensions: 8.00 X 5.25 (inches)|
Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.
The Gospel according to The Simpsons, Bigger and Possibly Even Better! EditionMark I. PinskyWestminster John Knox Press / 2007 / Trade Paperback$11.99 Retail:
$17.00Save 29% ($5.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW231606
What can Christians learn from one of the most popular TV series of all time?
In its first season, LOST averaged 15.5 million viewers per episode. The show features a cast that struggles with the eternal issues of identity, conflict, relationships, and spirituality. Though the show does not have a Christian foundation or theme, there is much believers can learn about social and cultural attitudes and perspectives through its episodessuch as...
- the selfish bent of human nature
- the darkness of evil
- the hunger people have for acceptance and success
- the realization of our need for God
- the hope for a positive future
Many of the problems and difficulties of everyday life are captured succinctly in LOSTmaking it a useful point of reference for understanding how different people view issues of a spiritual nature. Ankerberg and Burroughs offer practical suggestions for Christians who desire to talk effectively to others about the various themes in the show.
CCMMagazine.com- Staff Writer
Find Related Products
- Books >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Christianity & Culture
- Books >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Books >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics >> Media >> Television
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Christianity & Culture
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search