- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Sunday School
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: 2012
Availability: In Stock
Series: Adaptive Leadership
Other Customers Also Purchased
God Dreams: 12 Vision Templates for Finding and Focusing Your Church's Future - eBookWill Mancini, Warren BirdB&H Books / 2015 / ePub$9.99Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW81468EB
Claiming Resurrection in the Dying Church: Freedom Beyond Survival - eBookAna OlsonWestminster John Knox Press / 2016 / ePub$9.99 Retail:
$14.00Save 29% ($4.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW82677EB
The King Jesus Gospel: The Original Good News Revisited - eBookScot McKnightZondervan / 2016 / ePub$9.99Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW82551EB
Rediscovering Church: The Story and Vision of Willow Creek Community Church - eBookLynne Hybels, Bill HybelsZondervan / 2016 / ePub$9.99Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW82550EB
Overload: How to Unplug, Unwind, and Unleash Yourself from the Pressure of StressJoyce MeyerFaithWords / 2016 / Hardcover$14.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 6 Reviews
$22.00Save 32% ($7.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW5559831
Teaching Textbooks Algebra 1 CD-Rom Set, Version 2.0Teaching Textbooks Inc / 2011 / Compact disc$154.95Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW890203
Few would argue that many challenges face The United Methodist Church. But what are the core issues and concerns, the ones that must be addressed if the church is to follow Gods leading into the future? Laying aside what can be merely tweaked or adjusted, what must the UMC reset about itself? Lovett Weems, one of the most highly-respected interpreters of contemporary United Methodism, suggests that we start with the following:
- What will happen now that the increased giving that United Methodists have enjoyed (despite declining membership numbers) has reached a plateau and begun to decline?
- Why, with 34,000 congregations and $6.5 billion in annual giving, cant United Methodists add a net increase of even 1 new disciple of Jesus Christ in a given year?
- Why are United Methodist clergy less concerned with reaching young adults than are laity? Why are laity unwilling to make the changes to worship and budgets required to attract these same young adults?
- If the percentage of married couples with young children has declined by half since the 1950s, why is that still the group we focus on reaching?
- Why are so many mid-sized churches on their way to becoming small-membership congregations?
With insight, conviction, and calm resolve, Lovett Weems challenges United Methodists not only to ask these hard questions, but to face up to the difficult decisions they require of us as we continue to seek Gods will for our lives together.