- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Sunday School
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: 2012
Availability: In Stock
Series: Adaptive Leadership
Other Customers Also Purchased
Focus: The Real Challenges That Face the United Methodist ChurchLovett H. Weems Jr.Abingdon Press / 2012 / Trade Paperback$10.79 Retail:
$11.99Save 10% ($1.20)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW740374
NKJV Giant Print Reference Bible, Black Imitation LeatherHolman Bible Publishers / 2013 / Imitation Leather$16.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 5 Reviews
$24.99Save 32% ($8.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW604966
Teaching Textbooks Geometry Complete Kit, Version 2.0Greg Sabouri, Shawn SabouriTeaching Textbooks Inc / 2013 / Other$184.905 Stars Out Of 5 4 ReviewsAvailability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW697001
Willmington's Guide to the Bible, 30th Anniversary EditionHarold L. WillmingtonTyndale House / 2011 / Hardcover$34.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 8 Reviews
$49.99Save 30% ($15.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW329710
Exploring Creation with Physical Science, Second Edition, Student NotebookVicki DincherApologia Educational Ministries / 2012 / Other$25.35 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 14 Reviews
$39.00Save 35% ($13.65)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW495710
Few would argue that many challenges face The United Methodist Church. But what are the core issues and concerns, the ones that must be addressed if the church is to follow Gods leading into the future? Laying aside what can be merely tweaked or adjusted, what must the UMC reset about itself? Lovett Weems, one of the most highly-respected interpreters of contemporary United Methodism, suggests that we start with the following:
- What will happen now that the increased giving that United Methodists have enjoyed (despite declining membership numbers) has reached a plateau and begun to decline?
- Why, with 34,000 congregations and $6.5 billion in annual giving, cant United Methodists add a net increase of even 1 new disciple of Jesus Christ in a given year?
- Why are United Methodist clergy less concerned with reaching young adults than are laity? Why are laity unwilling to make the changes to worship and budgets required to attract these same young adults?
- If the percentage of married couples with young children has declined by half since the 1950s, why is that still the group we focus on reaching?
- Why are so many mid-sized churches on their way to becoming small-membership congregations?
With insight, conviction, and calm resolve, Lovett Weems challenges United Methodists not only to ask these hard questions, but to face up to the difficult decisions they require of us as we continue to seek Gods will for our lives together.