- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Cyber Week
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- MP3 Music Downloads
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Sunday School
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: 2012
Availability: In Stock
Series: Adaptive Leadership
Other Customers Also Purchased
Focus: The Real Challenges That Face the United Methodist ChurchLovett H. Weems Jr.Abingdon Press / 2012 / Trade Paperback$10.79 Retail:
$11.99Save 10% ($1.20)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW740374
Church, Come Forth: A Biblical Plan for Transformational Turnaround - eBookTodd HudnallWestBow Press / 2015 / ePub$3.19 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 2 Reviews
$3.99Save 20% ($0.80)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW83493EB
Beyond the Plateau: Hope and Help for the Small and Medium-Sized Church - eBookDick SiskWestBow Press / 2015 / ePub$3.19 Retail:
$3.99Save 20% ($0.80)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW83729EB
The Virtual Body of Christ in a Suffering World - eBookDeanna A. ThompsonAbingdon Press / 2016 / ePub$9.99 Retail:
$19.99Save 50% ($10.00)Availability: This product will be released on 11/01/16.CBD Stock No: WW83341EB
Why Some Churches Are Blessed: Putting Faith and Obedience into Action - eBookDan Betzer, Scott TempleGospel Publishing House / 2015 / ePub$7.99 Retail:
$9.99Save 20% ($2.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW79573EB
Reaching Millennials: Proven Methods for Engaging a Younger Generation - eBookDavid StarkBethany House / 2016 / ePub$9.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$16.99Save 41% ($7.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW78294EB
A Hopeful Earth: Faith, Science, and the Message of Jesus - eBookSally Bishop DyckAbingdon Press / 2010 / ePub$5.88 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$10.00Save 41% ($4.12)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW28034EB
Mission-shaped Parish: Traditional Church in a Changing World - eBookPaul Bayes, Tim Sledge, John HolbrookSeabury Books / 2010 / ePub$9.99 Retail:
$16.00Save 38% ($6.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW41922EB
Few would argue that many challenges face The United Methodist Church. But what are the core issues and concerns, the ones that must be addressed if the church is to follow Gods leading into the future? Laying aside what can be merely tweaked or adjusted, what must the UMC reset about itself? Lovett Weems, one of the most highly-respected interpreters of contemporary United Methodism, suggests that we start with the following:
- What will happen now that the increased giving that United Methodists have enjoyed (despite declining membership numbers) has reached a plateau and begun to decline?
- Why, with 34,000 congregations and $6.5 billion in annual giving, cant United Methodists add a net increase of even 1 new disciple of Jesus Christ in a given year?
- Why are United Methodist clergy less concerned with reaching young adults than are laity? Why are laity unwilling to make the changes to worship and budgets required to attract these same young adults?
- If the percentage of married couples with young children has declined by half since the 1950s, why is that still the group we focus on reaching?
- Why are so many mid-sized churches on their way to becoming small-membership congregations?
With insight, conviction, and calm resolve, Lovett Weems challenges United Methodists not only to ask these hard questions, but to face up to the difficult decisions they require of us as we continue to seek Gods will for our lives together.