- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Black Friday Deals
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- MP3 Music Downloads
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Sunday School
CBDReader App for Kindle Fire
Tap the status bar on the top right to access "Settings".
Click on "More".
Turn ON the option to "Allow Installation of Apps From Unknown Sources". For security reasons, you should turn this option OFF after installation.
Navigate to this page while on your Kindle Fire and click here to download the 'CBDReader.apk' file.
After download is complete, tap on the left side of the status bar to open the Notification screen.
Select the CBDReader.apk file to install upated app.
Log in with your CBD account and all the eBooks you've purchased on the Christianbook.com website will be automatically added to your device.
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: 2012
Availability: In Stock
Series: Adaptive Leadership
Other Customers Also Purchased
Be Still & Know: Meditations on the Character of God - eBookBrian H. CosbyWestBow Press / 2011 / ePub$7.99 Retail:
$9.99Save 20% ($2.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW25555EB
Connecting With God: A Teen Mania Devotional - eBookRon LuceRevell / 2009 / ePub$6.89 Retail:
$9.99Save 31% ($3.10)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW67003EB
Understanding the Big Picture of the Bible: A Guide to Reading the Bible Well - eBookWayne Grudem, C. John Collins & Thomas R. Schreiner, eds.Crossway / 2012 / ePub$9.59 Retail:4 Stars Out Of 5 2 Reviews
$11.99Save 20% ($2.40)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW28974EB
Speaking Truth in Love: Counsel in Community - eBookDavid PowlisonNew Growth Press / 2005 / ePub$9.99 Retail:
$19.99Save 50% ($10.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW45514EB
Few would argue that many challenges face The United Methodist Church. But what are the core issues and concerns, the ones that must be addressed if the church is to follow Gods leading into the future? Laying aside what can be merely tweaked or adjusted, what must the UMC reset about itself? Lovett Weems, one of the most highly-respected interpreters of contemporary United Methodism, suggests that we start with the following:
- What will happen now that the increased giving that United Methodists have enjoyed (despite declining membership numbers) has reached a plateau and begun to decline?
- Why, with 34,000 congregations and $6.5 billion in annual giving, cant United Methodists add a net increase of even 1 new disciple of Jesus Christ in a given year?
- Why are United Methodist clergy less concerned with reaching young adults than are laity? Why are laity unwilling to make the changes to worship and budgets required to attract these same young adults?
- If the percentage of married couples with young children has declined by half since the 1950s, why is that still the group we focus on reaching?
- Why are so many mid-sized churches on their way to becoming small-membership congregations?
With insight, conviction, and calm resolve, Lovett Weems challenges United Methodists not only to ask these hard questions, but to face up to the difficult decisions they require of us as we continue to seek Gods will for our lives together.