- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Sunday School
Number of Pages: 96
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: 2012
Dimensions: 9.00 X 6.00 (inches)
Availability: In Stock
Series: Adaptive Leadership
Other Customers Also Purchased
NIV Thinline Bible, Compact, Italian Duo-Tone, Dark Taupe/GraphiteZondervan / 2012 / Imitation Leather$11.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 61 Reviews
$24.99Save 52% ($13.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW441726Video
Teen Study Bible, NIV, Italian Duo-Tone, Graphite/Mediterranean BlueLawrence O. Richards, Sue W. RichardsZondervan / 2014 / Imitation Leather$33.49 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 9 Reviews
$44.99Save 26% ($11.50)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW745181
Fruit of the Spirit LifeGuide Topical Bible StudiesHazel OffnerInterVarsity Press / 1999 / Trade Paperback$5.39 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 8 Reviews
$9.00Save 40% ($3.61)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW0588
Lincoln's Battle With God: A President's Struggle with Faith and What It Meant for AmericaStephen MansfieldThomas Nelson / 2012 / Hardcover$5.00 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 5 Reviews
$22.99Save 78% ($17.99)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW553096
Strength & Dignity Journal, LuxLeather, BlueChristian Art Gifts / 2016 / Gift$7.99 Retail:
$9.99Save 20% ($2.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW2115487
Few would argue that many challenges face The United Methodist Church. But what are the core issues and concerns, the ones that must be addressed if the church is to follow Gods leading into the future? Laying aside what can be merely tweaked or adjusted, what must the UMC reset about itself? Lovett Weems, one of the most highly-respected interpreters of contemporary United Methodism, suggests that we start with the following:
- What will happen now that the increased giving that United Methodists have enjoyed (despite declining membership numbers) has reached a plateau and begun to decline?
- Why, with 34,000 congregations and $6.5 billion in annual giving, cant United Methodists add a net increase of even 1 new disciple of Jesus Christ in a given year?
- Why are United Methodist clergy less concerned with reaching young adults than are laity? Why are laity unwilling to make the changes to worship and budgets required to attract these same young adults?
- If the percentage of married couples with young children has declined by half since the 1950s, why is that still the group we focus on reaching?
- Why are so many mid-sized churches on their way to becoming small-membership congregations?
With insight, conviction, and calm resolve, Lovett Weems challenges United Methodists not only to ask these hard questions, but to face up to the difficult decisions they require of us as we continue to seek Gods will for our lives together.