- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Sunday School
Number of Pages: 96
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: 2012
Dimensions: 9.00 X 6.00 (inches)
Availability: In Stock
Series: Adaptive Leadership
Other Customers Also Purchased
Being United Methodist: What It Means, Why It MattersJ. Ellsworth KalasAbingdon Press / 2012 / Trade Paperback$10.49 Retail:
$14.99Save 30% ($4.50)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW752341
The United Methodist Deacon: Ordained to Word, Service, Compassion, and JusticeMargaret Ann CrainAbingdon Press / 2014 / Other$15.29 Retail:
$16.99Save 10% ($1.70)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW776113
Back to Zero: The Search to Rediscover the Methodist MovementGil RendleAbingdon Press / 2011 / Trade Paperback$5.99 Retail:
$11.99Save 50% ($6.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW740392
Apologia Exploring Creation with Human Anatomy and PhysiologyJeannie FulbrightApologia Educational Ministries / 2010 / Hardcover$25.35 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 76 Reviews
$39.00Save 35% ($13.65)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW337015
Exploring Creation with Chemistry, 2 Volumes (3rd Edition)Kristy Plourde, Rusty HughesApologia Educational Ministries / 2014 / Other$62.99 Retail:3 Stars Out Of 5 4 Reviews
$90.00Save 30% ($27.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW124780
You Are What You Love: The Spiritual Power of HabitJames K. A. SmithBrazos Press / 2016 / Hardcover$12.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$19.99Save 35% ($7.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW433802
Few would argue that many challenges face The United Methodist Church. But what are the core issues and concerns, the ones that must be addressed if the church is to follow Gods leading into the future? Laying aside what can be merely tweaked or adjusted, what must the UMC reset about itself? Lovett Weems, one of the most highly-respected interpreters of contemporary United Methodism, suggests that we start with the following:
- What will happen now that the increased giving that United Methodists have enjoyed (despite declining membership numbers) has reached a plateau and begun to decline?
- Why, with 34,000 congregations and $6.5 billion in annual giving, cant United Methodists add a net increase of even 1 new disciple of Jesus Christ in a given year?
- Why are United Methodist clergy less concerned with reaching young adults than are laity? Why are laity unwilling to make the changes to worship and budgets required to attract these same young adults?
- If the percentage of married couples with young children has declined by half since the 1950s, why is that still the group we focus on reaching?
- Why are so many mid-sized churches on their way to becoming small-membership congregations?
With insight, conviction, and calm resolve, Lovett Weems challenges United Methodists not only to ask these hard questions, but to face up to the difficult decisions they require of us as we continue to seek Gods will for our lives together.