- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- Mega Fall Sale
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Sunday School
Number of Pages: 96
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: 2012
Dimensions: 9.00 X 6.00 (inches)
Availability: In Stock
Series: Adaptive Leadership
Other Customers Also Purchased
- MEGA SALE
The Case for Christmas: A Journalist Investigates the Identity of the Child in the MangerLee StrobelZondervan / 2014 / Mass Paperback$0.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 42 Reviews
$2.99Save 67% ($2.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW340591
Held in Honor: Wisdom for Your Marriage from Voices of the PastRobert L. Plummer, Matt HasteChristian Focus / 2015 / Trade Paperback$10.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$14.99Save 27% ($4.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW916431
BJU English Grade 5, Homeschool Kit (Second Edition)BJU Press / 2005 / Other$100.805 Stars Out Of 5 2 ReviewsAvailability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW221648
Survival Kit: Five Keys to Effective Spiritual Growth Revised EditionRalph W. Neighbour Jr., Bill LathamLifeway / 1979 / Trade Paperback$7.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$8.50Save 6% ($0.51)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW497700
NASB Special Edition Audio Bible on 60 Audio CDs, 2 MP3 Disks With The Indestructible Book DVD & Bible in One Hour CDNarrated by Steven B. StevensCasscom Media / Compact disc$66.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$99.99Save 33% ($33.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW081790
HCSB Large Print Study Bible, Mahogany LeatherTouch, Thumb-IndexedHolman Bible Publishers / 2015 / Imitation Leather$66.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 4 Reviews
$99.99Save 33% ($33.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW607493
NKJV The Jeremiah Study Bible, Genuine leather, Black (indexed)Dr. David JeremiahWorthy Publishing / 2013 / Genuine Leather$66.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 161 Reviews
$99.99Save 33% ($33.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW952777Video
Few would argue that many challenges face The United Methodist Church. But what are the core issues and concerns, the ones that must be addressed if the church is to follow Gods leading into the future? Laying aside what can be merely tweaked or adjusted, what must the UMC reset about itself? Lovett Weems, one of the most highly-respected interpreters of contemporary United Methodism, suggests that we start with the following:
- What will happen now that the increased giving that United Methodists have enjoyed (despite declining membership numbers) has reached a plateau and begun to decline?
- Why, with 34,000 congregations and $6.5 billion in annual giving, cant United Methodists add a net increase of even 1 new disciple of Jesus Christ in a given year?
- Why are United Methodist clergy less concerned with reaching young adults than are laity? Why are laity unwilling to make the changes to worship and budgets required to attract these same young adults?
- If the percentage of married couples with young children has declined by half since the 1950s, why is that still the group we focus on reaching?
- Why are so many mid-sized churches on their way to becoming small-membership congregations?
With insight, conviction, and calm resolve, Lovett Weems challenges United Methodists not only to ask these hard questions, but to face up to the difficult decisions they require of us as we continue to seek Gods will for our lives together.