- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Resource Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Short, yet detailed sections are divided into general categories of language & literature, history & geography, visual arts, music, mathematics, and science. Sub-categories include many subjects that comprise the basic knowledge that a 1st-grade child should know. Clearly written, each topic is approximately a page in length and conveys interesting and challenging content. From Aesop's Fables and Mozart to computation facts 0-12 and the states of matter, your first grader will receive a thorough sweep of knowledge critical for further success. 342 pages, softcover, indexed.
This revised edition includes new detail in stories, additional guidance on how children learn to read, more activities in the math section, and a more engaging emphasis in history.
Number of Pages: 368
Vendor: Random House
Publication Date: 1998
|Dimensions: 9 1/2 X 7 1/2 X 1 (inches)|
Availability: In Stock
Other Customers Also Purchased
What Your First Grader Needs to Know
What will your child be expected to learn in the first grade? How can you help him or her at home? How can teachers foster active, successful learning in the classroom? This book answers these all-important questions and more, offering the specific shared knowledge that hundreds of parents and teachers across the nation have agreed upon for American first graders. Featuring a new Introduction, filled with opportunities for reading aloud and fostering discussion, this first-grade volume of the acclaimed Core Knowledge Series presents the sort of knowledge and skills that should be at the core of a challenging first-grade education. Inside youll discover
• Favorite poemsold and new, such as "The Owl and the Pussycat," "Wynken, Blynken, and Nod," and "Thirty Days Hath September"
• Beloved storiesfrom many times and lands, including a selection of Aesops fables, "Hansel and Gretel," "All Stories Are Anansis," "The Tale of Peter Rabbit," and much more
• Familiar sayings and phrasessuch as "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" and "Practice makes perfect"
• World and American history and geographytake a trip down the Nile with King Tut and learn about the early days of our country, including the story of Jamestown, the Pilgrims, and the American Revolution
• Visual artsfun activities plus full-color reproductions of masterworks by Leonardo da Vinci, Vincent van Gogh, Paul Cézanne, Georgia OKeeffe, and others
• Musicengaging introductions to great composers and music, including classical music, opera, and jazz, as well as a selection of favorite childrens songs
• Matha variety of activities to help your child learn to count, add and subtract, solve problems, recognize geometrical shapes and patterns, and learn about telling time
• Scienceinteresting discussions of living things and their habitats, the human body, the states of matter, electricity, our solar system, and whats inside the earth, plus stories of famous scientists such as Thomas Edison and Louis Pasteur
Grade 1 Word Building PACEs 1001-1012, 3rd Edition (with 4th Edition PACEs 1001, 1003, 1005-1007)Accelerated Christian Education / Other$31.69 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 2 Reviews
$33.40Save 5% ($1.71)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW652309Video
Modern Curriculum Press Spelling Workout Grade 1 Homeschool BundlePearson Learning / 2002 / Other$17.99 Retail:
$20.97Save 14% ($2.98)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW432673
Learning Language Arts Through Literature Kit Grade 1Susan S. Simpson, Debbie StrayerCommon Sense Press / Trade Paperback$74.49 Retail:4 Stars Out Of 5 18 Reviews
$98.00Save 24% ($23.51)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW2114