CBDReader App for Kindle Fire
Tap the status bar on the top right to access "Settings".
Click on "More".
Turn ON the option to "Allow Installation of Apps From Unknown Sources". For security reasons, you should turn this option OFF after installation.
Navigate to this page while on your Kindle Fire and click here to download the 'CBDReader.apk' file.
After download is complete, tap on the left side of the status bar to open the Notification screen.
Select the CBDReader.apk file to install upated app.
Log in with your CBD account and all the eBooks you've purchased on the Christianbook.com website will be automatically added to your device.
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Crossway Books
Publication Date: 2005
Availability: In Stock
Feminism remains one of the most urgent issues the church is facing today, as shown by the increasing confusion over gender roles in marriages, families, and churches. With a growing number of theologians and denominations advocating radical gender egalitarianism, we must answer many questions about women in the church-and in the wider culture. In order to do this, first we need to understand the history and development of feminist thought.
In The Feminist Gospel, Mary Kassian provided a thought-provoking inquiry into the history of feminism. Now, in this thoroughly revised and updated book, she revisits the subject, adding to its history an examination of the effects of feminism. The Feminist Mistake is a reliable, biblical critique that will provide answers and inspire serious reflection on this issue.
Terry L. Brown5 Stars Out Of 5December 30, 2006Terry L. BrownThis is an excellent book detailing the phases of modern feminism, from the 1960's to the present. It point by point tells the history of secular feminism and how that philosophy awakened a feminist mindset within the Church, an awakening that started out with innocent ambitions, but rapidly succumbed to the radical rejection of orthodox Christianity. Kassian explains how secular and religious feminism converged into one. The result is a movement to condemn anything in the Bible the feminists view as having patriarchal connotations. Referring to God in an exclusive masculine manner is vehemently rejected. Thus, some modern English translations of the Bible have removed, to one extent or another, as much masculine language as possible. The feminist movement has made "God" in its image. "God" is "He/She/It". Goddess worship has infiltrated our culture and our churches. If you think you know all there is to know about feminism or think it is an innocent or minor movement read this book. You may be surprised at what you did not know.
Find Related Products
- Church & Pastoral >> General >> Women in the Church
- Download >> Church & Pastoral
- Download >> Church History
- Download >> Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> General
- Download >> eBooks >> Church History >> Significant People & Events
- Download >> eBooks >> Theology >> General Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions
- Download >> eBooks >> Theology >> Topics of Debate
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> General >> Women in the Church
- eBooks >> Church History >> Significant People & Events >> Feminist Studies
- eBooks >> Church History >> Significant People & Events >> Historical Studies
- eBooks >> Church History >> Significant People & Events >> Women's Studies
- eBooks >> Theology >> General Theology >> Women's Studies
- eBooks >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions
- eBooks >> Theology >> Topics of Debate
- Start A New Search