- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
ChristianBook eBooks on the Sony Reader
To read a Christianbook.com licensed eBook on your Sony device, you will need to use Adobe Digital Editions.
Without using ADE, the Sony Reader will attempt to open eBooks with its own software, the Reader Library, and you may receive an error message.
To bypass the Sony Reader Library, return to the eBook portion of 'My Account' on our site, and click to download the eBook again.
When the Adobe Digital Editions installer comes up, click on 'Download Item.'
If you are downloading a DRM Protected eBook, you will be prompted to open or save the URLLINK.acsm. Click 'Save'.
Save the file to your Desktop for quick access later.
Right-click on the URLLINK file, then select 'Open With' and choose Adobe Digital Editions.
If Adobe Digital Editions is not in the list, click 'Choose Default Program' and then select Adobe Digital Editions from the list.
Your eBook will open and display in ADE.
Plug in your Sony Reader, which will now display its model number and not just as Sony Reader.
Now just click, drag and drop your eBook onto the Sony Reader icon.
You can now eject your Sony Reader, open up the Books library and your eBook is ready to read.
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Harvest House Publishers
Publication Date: 2008
Availability: In Stock
Leslie Ludy, author of Authentic Beauty and the bestselling When God Writes Your Love Story, reveals
how a young woman's pursuit of acceptance and sameness directly counters her true purpose-to be set apart by her love for God and
God's love for her.
This empowering message filled with inspiring stories, personal illustrations, and a foundation of God's Word to
awaken young women to sacred femininity and a life infused with meaning. Each chapter encourages readers to release worldly standards and set
their sights on a more worthy pursuit as they:
- surrender to God's love and wholeness
- embrace the real blueprint for beauty
- enjoy spectacular purpose
- captivate the masculine heart
- cultivate spiritual strength
This journey will spark a desire in every woman to leave the fairy tale of the masses behind and walk toward the unique
beauty, love, and dreams God has for her.
Bryon Jr29 Palms , CAAge: 25-34Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5GoodJanuary 16, 2015Bryon Jr29 Palms , CAAge: 25-34Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 4Meets Expectations: 5I enjoy the book.
Pepper4 Stars Out Of 5Much-needed BookJune 4, 2014PepperQuality: 4Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Excellent book! Very timely - especially given the tenor of our society and the low expectations for our young women today.
1) Be prepared to be challenged to rise to a higher standard in your walk with Christ. This book greatly motivated and encouraged me (the chapter on fortification - with the information on persistent prayer - is especially good). The other five-star reviewers did a good job of explaining the content of the book :) in a nutshell.
2) If you have a young daughter (12-18), and you have been careful to shelter her from some of the things in our culture, I would recommend proof-reading the first chapter. It describes certain cultural things in detail that may ignite curiosity in a young woman's mind, that you may not want to expose her to just yet (hence only four stars). I think Leslie could have toned it down a bit, especially since it is written for younger women, though I do understand where she is coming from (our culture is very brazen in its 'liberating' exploitation of women).
Just a thought! But, I still highly recommend this book, and have purchased it as a gift for some friends of mine.
JennieRipley, OHAge: 18-24Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5true beauty shown!January 17, 2014JennieRipley, OHAge: 18-24Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Wow, this book has changed my life! Set Apart Femininity is truly a call to have a set apart LIFE for Christ... It is a call to live our Christian lives as they are meant to be lived. This book has blessed and convicted me, ending up with me in a much deeper relationship with Christ. All I can say is we need more couples like Eric and Leslie, and if you have a problem with their message (Christ's message) its only because you are lukewarm and the truth of Christ is convicting you. May the kingdom of God and the set-apart life be lifted up!
EttySilver spring, MarylandAge: Under 18Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5Amazing!!!January 2, 2013EttySilver spring, MarylandAge: Under 18Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I highly highly recommend this book to every girl out there! This book is not for lukewarm Christians, it exhorts us to dig deeper and deeper into Jesus and His Word... Leslie Ludy's writing style is flawless too...and she is an amazing woman with an awesome family! Set apart femininity is the kind of books that you will want your daughter or friend to read!
Sunshine5 Stars Out Of 5One of the best books i have ever readNovember 14, 2011SunshineQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Leslie and Eric are my favourite authors, and their message has had such an impact in my life! this book has challenged me in so many ways not to settle for less or live a selfish life, but to really be a christian in every essence. I didn't not find any flaws in this book and I thought that every point was backed up biblically. As a 15 year old girl, it can be discouraging amoung my friends to live to a higher standard but now I realise that is what Jesus has called me to and thanks to this book and Gods miraculous grace and strength i will be living to that standard!
Other Customers Also Purchased
Becoming the Woman I Want to Be: A 90-Day Journey to Renewing Spirit, Soul & Body - eBookDonna PartowBethany House / 2004 / ePub$9.29 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 38 Reviews
$13.99Save 34% ($4.70)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW27823EB
Jaded Faith: hope for those who still want to believe - eBookJarod OsborneWesleyan Publishing House / 2013 / ePub$7.99 Retail:
$9.99Save 20% ($2.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW39363EB
Open: What Happens When You Get Real, Get Honest, and Get Accountable - eBookCraig GrossThomas Nelson / 2013 / ePub$8.79 Retail:4 Stars Out Of 5 3 Reviews
$9.99Save 12% ($1.20)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW37393EB
Find Related Products
- Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> Personal Growth
- Download >> Teens
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues
- Download >> eBooks >> Teens >> Christian Living
- Download >> eBooks >> Teens >> Personal Growth
- Teens >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Teens >> Personal Growth
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues
- eBooks >> Teens >> Christian Living
- eBooks >> Teens >> Personal Growth
- Start A New Search