- All Products
- Personal Growthhttp://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/easy_find?event=EBRN&N=5401&Nso=1&Nu=product%2Eendeca%5Frollup&Ns=product%2Enumber%5Fsold (5,958)
- Media Type
- Author / Artist
- Top Rated
- At least 10% off
- At least 20% off
- At least 30% off
- At least 40% off
- At least 50% off
- At least 60% off
- At least 70% off
- At least 80% off
- At least 90% off
CBDReader for Desktop
To read a Christianbook.com licensed eBook on your desktop computer, visit cbdreader.christianbook.com.
Log in with your CBD account and enjoy your eBook.
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2012
Availability: In Stock
The Essential Guide for Beating Temptation
Falling for temptation isnt inevitable. We dont have to lose the fight. In fact, we can win if we understand the root of the problem and what Christians have done from the beginning to beat it. Our Favorite Sins shines a much-needed light in our lives dark corners and reveals the time-tested methods for getting victory over sin.
Are you tyrannized by your own desires?
If you are breathing, your answer is probably yes.
The question is: What are you going to do about it?
With more than thirty years of pastoral experience, Todd D. Hunter knows that most peoplehimself includedstruggle every day with temptation. All too often, we fail and fall, and some of us are at our wits end, utterly defeated. What do we do to get a grip on the sin in our life and live like God wants?
Theres good news: despite all our failures and shameful moments after, there really is a way out, a way forward, and a way that draws us closer to the life that God desires for us.
In Our Favorite Sins, Hunter cracks open the problem of temptation and points to practical, biblically based, time-tested solutions. First revealing the role played by our disordered desires, Hunter shows how different temptations trip us up and how we can resist and overcome them, even if weve fallen prey to them for decades. Victory starts with reordering our desires, and the church has given us the tools for the job. Hunter shows us how to use them and start beating the temptations that so often beat us.
Informed by exclusive research from the Barna Group, Our Favorite Sins offers a view that works for any believer wherever they are and no matter how big the battle theyre fighting.
Other Customers Also Purchased
Right Thinking in a World Gone Wrong: A Biblical Response to Today's Most Controversial Issues - eBookJohn MacArthur5 Stars Out Of 5 19 ReviewsSave 40%
Your Eternal Reward: Triumph and Tears at the Judgment Seat of Christ - eBookErwin W. Lutzer5 Stars Out Of 5 4 ReviewsSave 23%
HCSB, Here's Hope, NT, - Case of 48Save 17%
The Great Compromise: And How Christians Can Avoid Living on Both Sides of the Fence - eBookGreg Laurie5 Stars Out Of 5 1 ReviewsSave 20%
Find Related Products
- Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Spiritual Disciplines >> Intro to Spiritual Disciplines
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges
- Download >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> Personal Growth
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Spiritual Disciplines
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges
- eBooks >> Personal Growth
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search