Children will loves this compilation of stories from China and Tibet. Featuring 18 tales, in which animals speak and play tricks on each other, this wonderfully illustrated book is sure to captivate both kids and adults alike. Stories included are:
- The Tower that Reached from Earth to Heaven
- A Chinese Cinderella
- The Fox Turns a Somersault
- The Tiger in Court
- The Story of the Fairy Boat
- The Country of the Mice
- How the Cock Got His Red Crown
- The Wishing Cup
- The Story of the Tortoise and the Monkey
- The Magic Pancakes at the Footbridge Tavern
- Soo Tan the Tiger and the Little Green Frog
- The Fox, the Hare, and the Toad Have an Argument
- A Hungry Wolf
- The Cricket Fight
- The Little Hare's Clever Trick
- The King of the Mountain
- The Jackals and the Tiger
- How the Deer Lost His Tail
Here is a world where humans and animals switch places, a captivating world where magic can be both good and evil. This is the world of Favorite Children's stories from China and Tibet. These unique stories are fresh and charming, filled with humorous insights into Chinese life and culture, including the power and influence of the moon and the importance of festivals. Some tales, such as "Chinese Cinderella," touch on themes we already know, while all of them sparkle with wit and fantasy.
Lotta Carswell Hume lived in China for over twenty-two years. During that time she heard many tales of China and Tibet.
Have a question about this product? Ask us here.
Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.