- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- MP3 Music Downloads
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Sunday School
CBDReader App for Android
Using your Android device, you can download the CBDReader App directly from the Android Market. First, click on the 'Apps' icon from your main screen.
On the app screen, click 'Market' or 'Play Store'.
Click the spy glass icon and search 'CBDReader'.
Click 'Accept and download' to affirm the terms and conditions.
Click 'Open' to open the reader.
Log in with your CBD account and all the eBooks you've purchased on the Christianbook.com website will be automatically added to your device.
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Rose Publishing
Publication Date: 2010
Availability: In Stock
Despite what you see on TV, fathers are extremely important in the lives of their children. Fatherhood: Making a Lifetime of Difference uses statistical data and biblical wisdom along with a good sense of humor to show the importance of fathers in today's changing society. This eBook can be read in 30 minutes or less and is an outstanding overview of God's important calling for men to be good fathers.
Some of the interesting information in the Fatherhood eBook includes:
- God is our best model for fathering
- Six characteristics of God as our Father men can learn from
- Statistics illustrating how important fathers are to their children, even in divorce or separation. Many studies prove that fathers make a difference in helping kids avoid drug and alcohol abuse, early sexual activity, and dropping out of school. For example:
- In stating their wishes for a better life, 27% of high school students wanted more money to buy items such as televisions and cars, and 14% wished for a bigger house. But the overwhelming majority of high school students - 46% - wished for more time spent together with family. (Source: The State Of Our Nation's Youth: 2005 - 2006, 32.)
- The closer adolescents feel to their fathers, regardless of the type of family structure in which they live, the less likely it is that they will engage in the use of drugs and alcohol. Strengthening the father-adolescent relationship is a key to reducing adolescent substance abuse. (Source: Family Structure, Father Closeness, and Drug Abuse, National Fatherhood Initiative.)
- Humorous quotes on fathering everyone will enjoy
- A section on forgiveness for men whose own fathers fell short of being loving dads
- A section on honesty and integrity