- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
CBDReader App for Kindle Fire
Tap the status bar on the top right to access "Settings".
Click on "More".
Turn ON the option to "Allow Installation of Apps From Unknown Sources". For security reasons, you should turn this option OFF after installation.
Navigate to this page while on your Kindle Fire and click here to download the 'CBDReader.apk' file.
After download is complete, tap on the left side of the status bar to open the Notification screen.
Select the CBDReader.apk file to install upated app.
Log in with your CBD account and all the eBooks you've purchased on the Christianbook.com website will be automatically added to your device.
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Rose Publishing
Publication Date: 2010
Availability: In Stock
Despite what you see on TV, fathers are extremely important in the lives of their children. Fatherhood: Making a Lifetime of Difference uses statistical data and biblical wisdom along with a good sense of humor to show the importance of fathers in today's changing society. This eBook can be read in 30 minutes or less and is an outstanding overview of God's important calling for men to be good fathers.
Some of the interesting information in the Fatherhood eBook includes:
- God is our best model for fathering
- Six characteristics of God as our Father men can learn from
- Statistics illustrating how important fathers are to their children, even in divorce or separation. Many studies prove that fathers make a difference in helping kids avoid drug and alcohol abuse, early sexual activity, and dropping out of school. For example:
- In stating their wishes for a better life, 27% of high school students wanted more money to buy items such as televisions and cars, and 14% wished for a bigger house. But the overwhelming majority of high school students - 46% - wished for more time spent together with family. (Source: The State Of Our Nation's Youth: 2005 - 2006, 32.)
- The closer adolescents feel to their fathers, regardless of the type of family structure in which they live, the less likely it is that they will engage in the use of drugs and alcohol. Strengthening the father-adolescent relationship is a key to reducing adolescent substance abuse. (Source: Family Structure, Father Closeness, and Drug Abuse, National Fatherhood Initiative.)
- Humorous quotes on fathering everyone will enjoy
- A section on forgiveness for men whose own fathers fell short of being loving dads
- A section on honesty and integrity
Other Customers Also Purchased
Comforts from Romans: Celebrating the Gospel One Day at a Time - eBookElyse M. FitzpatrickCrossway Books / 2013 / ePub$9.59 Retail:
$11.99Save 20% ($2.40)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW36992EB
Sunday School That Really Responds: Wisdom for Confronting Common Sunday School Emergencies - eBookSteve ParrKregel Publications / 2014 / ePub$9.69 Retail:
$14.99Save 35% ($5.30)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW67643EB
Acting the Miracle: God's Work and Ours in the Mystery of Sanctification - eBookKevin DeYoungCrossway Books / 2013 / ePub$9.29 Retail:
$13.99Save 34% ($4.70)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW45715EB