- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
CBDReader App for iPod/iPad/iPhone
Using your iPad, you can download the CBDReader App directly from Apple's App Store.
Open the App Store, type 'CBDReader' into the search bar and press 'Search'.
Click 'install' on the CBDReader app or click the name to view more details.
You will be prompted to enter your Apple ID Password.
When the app is finished downloading, the CBDReader icon will appear on your homescreen.
Log in with your CBD account and all the eBooks you've purchased on the Christianbook.com website will be automatically added to your device.
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Rose Publishing
Publication Date: 2010
Availability: In Stock
Despite what you see on TV, fathers are extremely important in the lives of their children. Fatherhood: Making a Lifetime of Difference uses statistical data and biblical wisdom along with a good sense of humor to show the importance of fathers in today's changing society. This eBook can be read in 30 minutes or less and is an outstanding overview of God's important calling for men to be good fathers.
Some of the interesting information in the Fatherhood eBook includes:
- God is our best model for fathering
- Six characteristics of God as our Father men can learn from
- Statistics illustrating how important fathers are to their children, even in divorce or separation. Many studies prove that fathers make a difference in helping kids avoid drug and alcohol abuse, early sexual activity, and dropping out of school. For example:
- In stating their wishes for a better life, 27% of high school students wanted more money to buy items such as televisions and cars, and 14% wished for a bigger house. But the overwhelming majority of high school students - 46% - wished for more time spent together with family. (Source: The State Of Our Nation's Youth: 2005 - 2006, 32.)
- The closer adolescents feel to their fathers, regardless of the type of family structure in which they live, the less likely it is that they will engage in the use of drugs and alcohol. Strengthening the father-adolescent relationship is a key to reducing adolescent substance abuse. (Source: Family Structure, Father Closeness, and Drug Abuse, National Fatherhood Initiative.)
- Humorous quotes on fathering everyone will enjoy
- A section on forgiveness for men whose own fathers fell short of being loving dads
- A section on honesty and integrity