- All Products
- Media Type
- Author / Artist
- Top Rated
- At least 10% off
- At least 20% off
- At least 30% off
- At least 40% off
- At least 50% off
- At least 60% off
- At least 70% off
- At least 80% off
- At least 90% off
ChristianBook eBooks on nook
To read a Christianbook.com licensed eBook on your nook device, you will need to use Adobe Digital Editions.
Plug your nook into the computer and open Adobe Digital Editions.
If this is your first time plugging your nook into ADE, you will need to authorize your nook in order add eBooks.
Once plugged in, your nook will be displayed in the left column of Adobe Digital Editions under the Bookshelves.
When you've chose an eBook that you wish to add to your nook, click and drag the eBook over the nook icon and let go when you see the green plus symbol.
After you've added your eBooks to your nook, you can unplug the device from your computer and access your Library.
To access your Christianbook.com licensed eBooks, first click the orange "My Library" button on the nook home screen to access your eBooks.
Next, click on "View My Documents" at the bottom of your nook's navigation screen.
Use the arrows to browse and then click the circle on the right side to select your eBook.
You are now ready to enjoy your eBook!
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2009
Availability: In Stock
Series: Ancient Practices
Fasting is the body talking what the spirit yearns, what the soul longs for, and what the mind knows to be true.
Christianity has traditionally been at odds with the human body. At times in the history of the church, Christians have viewed the body and physical desires as the enemy. Now, Scot McKnight, best-selling author of The Jesus Creed , reconnects the spiritual and the physical in the ancient discipline of fasting.
Inside You'll Find:
- In-depth biblical precedents for the practice of fasting;
- How to fast effectivelyand safely;
- Different methods of fasting as practiced in the Bible;
- Straight talk on pitfalls, such as cheating and motivation.
The Ancient Practices
There is a hunger in every human heart for connection, primitive and raw, to God. To satisfy it, many are beginning to explore traditional spiritual disciplines used for centuries . . . everything from fixed-hour prayer to fasting to sincere observance of the Sabbath. Compelling and readable, the Ancient Practices series is for every spiritual sojourner, for every Christian seeker who wants more.
Find Related Products
- Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Spiritual Disciplines >> Fasting
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Emerging Church
- Download >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership
- Download >> Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership
- Download >> eBooks >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Spiritual Disciplines
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Emerging Church
- eBooks >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search