- All Products
- Media Type
- Author / Artist
- Top Rated
- At least 10% off
- At least 20% off
- At least 30% off
- At least 40% off
- At least 50% off
- At least 60% off
- At least 70% off
- At least 80% off
- At least 90% off
CBDReader for Desktop
To read a Christianbook.com licensed eBook on your desktop computer, visit cbdreader.christianbook.com.
Log in with your CBD account and enjoy your eBook.
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2009
Availability: In Stock
Series: Ancient Practices
Fasting is the body talking what the spirit yearns, what the soul longs for, and what the mind knows to be true.
Christianity has traditionally been at odds with the human body. At times in the history of the church, Christians have viewed the body and physical desires as the enemy. Now, Scot McKnight, best-selling author of The Jesus Creed , reconnects the spiritual and the physical in the ancient discipline of fasting.
Inside You'll Find:
- In-depth biblical precedents for the practice of fasting;
- How to fast effectivelyand safely;
- Different methods of fasting as practiced in the Bible;
- Straight talk on pitfalls, such as cheating and motivation.
The Ancient Practices
There is a hunger in every human heart for connection, primitive and raw, to God. To satisfy it, many are beginning to explore traditional spiritual disciplines used for centuries . . . everything from fixed-hour prayer to fasting to sincere observance of the Sabbath. Compelling and readable, the Ancient Practices series is for every spiritual sojourner, for every Christian seeker who wants more.
Find Related Products
- Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Spiritual Disciplines >> Fasting
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Emerging Church
- Download >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership
- Download >> Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership
- Download >> eBooks >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Spiritual Disciplines
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Emerging Church
- eBooks >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search