- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Does it seem that everybody in your household wants a piece of you and there's nothing left to give? Do you wish things were different? Dr. Leman says wishes can come true! Helping you build a family grounded in unconditional love, he shows how to communicate honestly, prioritize, encourage positive behaviors, make time together count, and build unity as a family. Hardcover.
Number of Pages: 304
Publication Date: 2014
|Dimensions: 8.50 X 5.50 (inches)|
Availability: In Stock
Born to Win: Keeping Your Firstborn Edge Without Losing Your BalanceDr. Kevin LemanRevell / 2009 / Trade Paperback$3.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 2 Reviews
$13.99Save 71% ($10.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW732620Video
Parenting Your Powerful Child: Bringing an End to the Everyday BattlesDr. Kevin LemanBaker / 2013 / Hardcover$12.49 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$17.99Save 31% ($5.50)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW720209Video
Have a New Kid by Friday: How to Change Your Child's Attitude, Behavior & Character in 5 DaysDr. Kevin LemanRevell / 2012 / Trade Paperback$9.99 Retail:3.5 Stars Out Of 5 3 Reviews
$14.99Save 33% ($5.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW732189
Have a New You by Friday: How to Accept Yourself, Boost Your Confidence & Change Your Life in 5 DaysDr. Kevin LemanRevell / 2011 / Trade Paperback$8.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 2 Reviews
$13.99Save 36% ($5.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW720872
Parenting expert Dr. Kevin Leman says it is, and he's ready to show moms and dads exactly how they can make it happen in their family--in just five days. He shows families how to
· communicate honestly and kindly
· prioritize the right things
· maintain great attitudes and behaviors
· determine the role they play in the family structure
· make family time count
As always, Dr. Leman's outstanding advice is laced with humor, great stories, and the wisdom that comes only from a lifetime of experience.
For parents who've had it up to here with bickering, hurt feelings, and emotional exhaustion, Have a Happy Family by Friday is just what the doctor ordered.
Top 10 Countdown to Having a Happy Family by Friday
10. Spend your time on what's important. All else can wait.
9. Put relationships before things.
8. Focus on and encourage what your kids do right rather than eagle-eyeing what they do wrong.
7. Choose your priorities wisely, with the long term in mind.
6. Be the first to laugh at yourself and create fun.
5. Expect the best and you'll get the best.
4. Don't outsource your children. The best gift you can give - yourself - doesn't cost a dime.
3. Keep your calm even during a crisis.
2. Don't hold grudges. Wipe the slate clean at the end of each day.
1. Remember that the words you choose to use with your loved ones will change their lives.
From the Publisher
If you've thought of selling two of your children and arranging a long-term loan of the third and an exciting evening with your spouse is no yelling in the background and no trips to the ER, then Have a Happy Family by Friday is just what the doctor ordered. Dr Kevin Leman, beloved international psychologist, parenting and relationship expert, provides the prescription for a 5-day action plan that really works to change your home from the stressful one it can be to a happy, emotionally healthy one that benefits every family member. What Dr. Leman did for parents in his New York Times' bestselling Have a New Kid by Friday, he does for the entire family in Have a Happy Family by Friday.
Using his trademark humor and commonsense psychology, Dr. Leman deals with the issues that can turn a home into a combat zone. He gives parents the tools to: communicate effectively in ways family members will listen; juggle the "Big 5" (time, priorities, activities, work, finances); navigate the perfect storm of toddlers, teenagers, and all ages in-between; tweak their roles at home; and make time together for lasting connections. Want a home that's filled with kindness, cooperation, love, and laughter? You can have it! With Dr. Leman's time-tested principles, you can have a family that learns together, plays together, and, even more, likes each other.
Whether you're married or single, you have it in your power to change your family's world. And it all starts with a simple principle: "Your kids don't care what you know until they know you care." Every member plays a vital part in the development and well-being of the family unit. All need to contribute in their own unique ways and be treated with love and respect. Is this kind of family life even possible? You bet! Join the millions of families who have already benefited from Dr. Leman's principles and reap the kind of rewards that last a lifetime.
Other Customers Also Purchased
God's Not Dead, DVDPure Flix Entertainment, LLC / 2014 / DVD$14.99 Retail:
$24.99Save 40% ($10.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW003646Video
Find Related Products
- Books >> Family >> Marriage & Divorce >> Marriage
- Books >> Family >> Parenting >> Communication
- Books >> Family >> Parenting >> Families
- Books >> Family >> Parenting >> Family Health
- Family >> Marriage & Divorce >> Marriage
- Family >> Parenting >> Communication
- Family >> Parenting >> Families
- Family >> Parenting >> Family Health
- Start A New Search