Advanced Search Links
Family Devotional Builder
Hendrickson Publishers / 2000 / Paperback
$7.99 (CBD Price)
Save: $6.96 (47%)
Availability: In Stock
CBD Stock No: WW35671
Want to try family devotions but don't know where to begin? Whiting shares activities, concepts, and topics that she's been using with her children for over 20 years. Features 50 weeks of simple, fun activities based on scriptural themes; plus 7 weeks of "special times" that deal with subjects like healing, hurt feelings, and victory celebrations. 128 pages, softcover from Hendrickson.
Looking for a fun way to introduce Biblical truths to children? Want to try family devotions but wonder where you d find the time to get it all organized? Need to find activities that would be appealing to a range of ages? Karen H. Whiting makes it easy to pursue the practice of a family devotional time by sharing the creative devotionals that she has been using with her own children for over 20 years. "Family Devotional Builder" features 50 weeks of simple, fun activities that relate to and expound upon scriptural themes. An additional seven weeks of "special times" devotionals deal with topics such as "healing, hurt feelings," and "victory celebrations."
- Each colorful page spread features a theme activity for three days of a week. Using just three days in the "week" it's easy for busy families to consistently incorporate the devotional times into their lives without feeling overwhelmed or falling behind.
- Every week features a different biblical theme with supporting scripture for each of the three days" to help reinforce the concept.
- Most activities only take about 10" 20 minutes and require very little preparation time.
- Full color illustrations and graphics throughout help explain the activities and make the devotionals fun and easy to use for the whole family.
- Activities include: drama, storytelling, Bible reading, crafts, cooking, analyzing TV viewing and music in light of scriptural concepts, and more.
- Subjects include: learning about prayer, discovering truths about God's nature, enhancing family communication, providing service to others, developing compassion, practicing hospitality, and more.
- Topical and scriptural indexes provide easy reference ifthe family wishes to pursue devotionals by theme or scripture reference.
- An excellent resource for young families, Sunday School teachers, pastors and children's ministry leaders. A great gift item for any family.
Other Customers Also Purchased
Author: Karen H Whiting
Located in: Miami FL
Submitted: January 15, 2002
Tell us a little about yourself. I am a mother of five children and have been married for 27 years. I love children. I understand that mothers are busy and children do not sit still. As parents, we need to take God out of the box and do activities that connect our children's interest with God.
What was your motivation behind this project? I wanted to share favorite devotions I did with our children over the years. For me, this is a treausre of cherished memories and I hope it will give families the opportunity to build spiriutally fun memories.
What do you hope folks will gain from this project? There are many beneifts from devotions that we do not expect. It enriches a child's vocabulary and comprehension, helps families communicate about godly values, builds family bonds. All this, plus devotions help children draw closer to God. I pray that each family using this will experience all these benefits and more.
Who are your influences, sources of inspiration or favorite authors / artists? My grandmothers greatly influenced me, showing me how to be creative and enjoy the world God made. My children always inspire me to reach out and let them see God from their perspective. My favorite authors are Jane Austin and Carol Mayhill.
Anything else you'd like readers / listeners to know: Childeren up grow so fast, that I hope you make the time to do devotions together before it slips away. Other activities in life will be there later, but your children are only young once!
Find Related Products