- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 176
Vendor: Gospel Light
Publication Date: 2010
|Dimensions: 8.50 X 5.50 (inches)|
Availability: In Stock
Teaching Your Children Healthy Sexuality: A Biblical Approach to Prepare Them for LifeJim BurnsBethany House / 2008 / Trade Paperback$10.99 Retail:2 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$14.99Save 27% ($4.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW202087
Whatever Happened to Dinner?: Recipes and Reflections for Family MealtimeMelodie M. DavisHerald Press / 2010 / Trade Paperback$12.99Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW195491
- Who is Jesus and Why it Matters- Help parents talk with their kids about why His life, death and resurrection are so important.
- What Prayer Is All About- Parents can introduce vibrant conversation with God into their family's time together
- What It Means to Be Christian- Parents can lead their kids toward a faith commitment and spiritual growth, through open communication and exciting biblical expression.
- A Strong Family- Parents can teach, guide and strengthen healthy bonds within the family
- Loving and Serving Others- Parents can talk with their children about servant leadership and self-sacrifice and be challenged to serve in and outside of their home
- Building Morals and Values- Parents can help their kids discern and navigate cultural influences that run contrary to a biblical worldview
Jim Burns founded the ministry of HomeWord in 1985 with the goal of bringing help and hope to struggling families. As host of the national radio broadcast HomeWord with Jim Burns, Jim's passion is to build God-honoring families through communicating practical truths that will enable adults and young people alike to live out their Christian faith. In addition to the radio program, Jim speaks to thousands around the world each year through seminars and conferences. He is also senior director of the HomeWord Center for Youth and Family at Azusa Pacific University and an award-winning author, whose books include Creating an Intimate Marriage, Teaching Your Children Healthy Sexuality and Confident Parenting. He has been featured through numerous media outlets including CNN, ABC, Focus on the Family, and Library Journal. Jim and his wife, Cathy, have three grown daughters and live in Southern California.
Most Christian parents know that the best way to leave a God-honoring legacy to their family is to nurture their children's faith... but many don't know where to start! This new resource from Jim Burns, founder of HomeWord, will equip parents to start important conversations with their kids-family time with an eternal impact. Faith Conversations for families makes it easy to invite God into quality family time. Each section of the book outlines an easy-to-follow dialog, which is flexible for children of different age groups. In addition, suggested activities and excerises make spiritual formation adaptable for kids with varying learning styles. The six family-friendly topics included in this book are:
- Who is Jesus and why it matters- Help parents talk with their kids about why His life, death, and resurrection are so important
- What prayer is all about- Parents can introduce vibrant conversations with God into their family's time together.
- What it means to be Christian- Parents can lead their kids toward a faith commitment and spiritual growth, through open communication and exciting biblical expression.
- A Strong Family-Parents can teach, guide and strengthen healthy bonds within the family
- Loving and Serving others- Parents can talk with their children about servant leadership and self-sacrifice and be challenged to serve in and outside of their home
- Building Morals and Values- Parents can help their kids discern and natigate cultural influences that run contrary to a biblical worldview
In the heart of every Christian parent is a desire to help their children grow spiritually. Family Time Faith Conversations helps parents make that desire a beautiful reality.
Other Customers Also Purchased
Sacred Marriage: What if God Designed Marriage to Make Us Holy More Than to Make Us HappyGary L. ThomasZondervan / 2002 / Trade Paperback$8.49 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 103 Reviews
$14.99Save 43% ($6.50)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW42827
Friendly Dragons - Moral Nightmares: The Battle for Your Child's ImaginationMichael O'BrienLamplighter Publishing / 2009 / Hardcover$10.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$12.00Save 8% ($1.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW474172