Written by a leading international expert on faith-based management, this book describes proven management strategies and techniques developed at some of the world's most successful places of worship and faith-based service organizations. It also supplies you with a complete action plan for quickly implementing them in your organization. Peter Brinckerhoff begins by exploring the unique challenges faced by managers of faith-based organizations. He then identifies the seven key characteristics of a successful faith-based organization and provides you with clear, easy-to-follow guidelines on how to:
- Assess and examine your organization's strengths and weaknesses
- Clearly define staff roles and responsibilities
- Delegate, evaluate, discipline, and motivate paid staff
- Find, train, motivate, and hold on to top-notch volunteers
- Generate budgets and financial reports and implement financial controls
- Improve your leadership skills
- Conduct sophisticated, cost-effective marketing compaigns that work
- Create strategic, business, and marketing plans
PETER C. BRINCKERHOFF is President of Corporate Alternatives, inc., a consulting firm specializing in not-for-profit management which he founded in 1982. In addition to his twenty years as a consultant, Mr. Brinckerhoff has served as a staff member, executive director, board member, and volunteer for local, state, and national not-for-profit organizations. Since 1982, he has become an internationally acclaimed consultant and lecturer on nonprofit and faith-based management. He is the author of more than 70 articles which have appeared in the nonprofit press and of three previous books that are currently used as core texts in 50 under-graduate and graduate programs around the world. Two of his books--Mission-Based Management (Wiley) and Financial Empowerment (Wiley)--were awarded the Nonprofit Management Association's prestigious Terry McAdam Award for the year's best new nonprofit publication.
Have a question about this product? Ask us here.
Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.