- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Resource Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Providing students with an overview of world history from creation to the present day, Exploring World History from Notgrass Company is a full-year high school course that presents history from a Christian perspective.
This course is comprised of two primary texts and a volume of primary documents. Each textbook unit is filled with conservational chapters and many full-color photographs of archival images, artifacts, and locations. In addition to reading the history narrative about events, issues, and people from around the world and across the centuries, students will read original documents, speeches, poems, and stories in In Their Words. They will also read classic literature (in books obtained separately) that help bring to life the time periods they are studying. Units begin with a summary and list of lessons, memory work, books used, and a project. Each lesson ends with readings from the book In Their Words, additional literature assignments, and instructions for questions and quizzes (quizzes and tests themselves are in the sold-separately Exploring World History Quiz & Exam Pack).
This updated 2014 edition features hundreds of color illustrations and photographs. In addition to a thorough survey of Western Civilization, it offers expanded coverage of Latin America, Africa, and Asia.
150 lessons; 50-60 minutes on each subject each day (total of 2.5-3 hours per day). This course, when all assignments are completed, provides one credit of world history, one credit of English, and one credit of Bible.
This kit includes:
- Exploring World History Volume 1: Creation through the Middle Ages. 434 pages, hardcover n on-consumable.
- Exploring World History Volume 2: The Renaissance to the Present. Pages 435-889, indexed, hardcover non-consumable.
- In Their Words: Original Documents, Speeches, Poems, and Stories from World History. 381 pages, hardcover non-consumable.
The following twelve works of world literature are assigned in Exploring World History. A detailed list of words and ideas with which some families might be uncomfortable is included.
- The Cat of Bubastes (G.A. Henty)
- The Art of War (Sun Tzu)
- Julius Caesar (William Shakespeare)
- The Imitation of Christ (Thomas ' Kempis)
- Here I Stand (Roland Bainton)
- A Tale of Two Cities (Charles Dickens)
- North and South (Elizabeth Gaskell)
- The Hiding Place (Corrie Ten Boom)
- Bridge to the Sun (Gwen Terasaki)
- Cry, the Beloved Country (Alan Paton)
- Animal Farm (George Orwell)
- The Abolition of Man (C.S. Lewis)
Vendor: Notgrass Company
Publication Date: 2014
Availability: In Stock
Other Customers Also Purchased
Notebooking Journal for Human Anatomy and PhysiologyJeannie K. FulbrightApologia Educational Ministries / 2010 / Other$19.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 44 Reviews
$27.00Save 26% ($7.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW337016
Exploring Creation with Biology 2nd Edition Student NotebookVicki DincherApologia Educational Ministries / 2014 / Spiral Bound$28.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 7 Reviews
$39.00Save 26% ($10.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW124775