Exploring Creation with General Science Full CDROM, 2nd Ed, V 9.0
(Just select Standard or UPS Ground shipping at checkout.)
- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Sunday School
|Format: Compact disc|
Vendor: Apologia Educational Ministries
Publication Date: 2008
Availability: In Stock
Series: Exploring Creation
Other Customers Also Purchased
Easy Grammar Ultimate Series: 180 Daily Teaching Lessons, Grade 8 Teacher TextDr. Wanda C. PhillipsIsha Enterprises, Inc. / 2009 / Trade Paperback$25.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 12 Reviews
$29.95Save 13% ($3.96)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW981636
Apologia Exploring Creation with Human Anatomy and PhysiologyJeannie FulbrightApologia Educational Ministries / 2010 / Hardcover$26.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 77 Reviews
$39.00Save 31% ($12.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW337015
Apologia Exploring Creation with General Science, 2 Vol, 2nd Ed.Dr. Jay L. WileApologia Educational Ministries / 2008 / Other$54.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 13 Reviews
$90.00Save 39% ($35.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW238409
Exploring Creation with General Science, 2nd Edition, TextbookApologia Educational Ministries / 2008 / Hardcover$41.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 25 Reviews
$68.00Save 38% ($26.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW238416
Exploring Creation with General Science, 2nd Edition, MP3 Audio CDApologia Educational Ministries / 2008 / MP3$24.49 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 9 Reviews
$29.00Save 16% ($4.51)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW238414
Exploring Creation with General Science, 2nd Edition, Solutions and Test Manual (with Extra Test Booklet)Apologia Educational Ministries / 2008 / Trade Paperback$14.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 10 Reviews
$22.00Save 32% ($7.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW238417
Cheryl FloodIllinoisAge: 45-54Gender: female2 Stars Out Of 5A few things to consider before using a CD-RomOctober 18, 2013Cheryl FloodIllinoisAge: 45-54Gender: femaleThis review is more for the CD-ROM, not so much for the course. Some things to consider before going the CD-ROM route in lieu of the text book:
1. Will you use this on a desk top or lap top? If using on a desk top consider that most experiments will be done in the kitchen. The instructions for the experiment will be on your computer (where ever that may be located) while your student is trying to do the experiment in the kitchen. If you have a lap top, it will be much easier.
2. When working on the accompanying (optional) student notebook, there is no book to flip back and forth through to review and find answers or studying for tests. Your student will boot up the computer so s/he can flip back and forth through screens instead. As a matter of fact, any time they need to access the material in this course (to correct their work, reference, etc.), they will need to turn on the computer, put in the disk, and run the program....no just grabbing the book and flipping it open.
3. In the text, as well as the accompanying notebook, there are "On You Own" questions to answer. I have my son answer them in the notebook. They're on the CD-ROM on a screen of their own, and if the student clicks on the "next screen" button, the answer pops up.
4. The tests and answers are on a separate CD. I love technology, but I hate having to put a CD into the computer to print tests or to get the answers to grade tests. Give me a hard copy teacher's manual and test booklet any day!
5. Lesson planning is a bit difficult. Again, there is no text to sift through - you will have to load the course on the computer to do your lesson planning (or find lesson plans elsewhere.) My student needs to know exactly what to do and what is expected of him every day. I can't say, "You have 8 school days to complete module 2." I wish!
6. If you have a highly motivated, accurate, independent learner, a CD-ROM will likely work great IF it's being used on a lap top. If your child is lacking any of those qualities, I don't recommend a CD-ROM. You as a parent have to work a lot closer with this kind of student (as I'm sure you know) and that's more difficult to do if using a CD-ROM (especially if it's not being used on a lap top.) This was something I hadn't considered fully before allowing my 12yo the decision on using a CD-ROM.
curleejoAge: 35-44Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5My kids LOVE it!September 7, 2012curleejoAge: 35-44Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5It seems to have everything that the books and CDs have, but it's all in one place and very user friendly. And most importantly, my kids are loving it and learning a lot!
Momof4San Diego, CAAge: 35-44Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5Quality time saverOctober 21, 2011Momof4San Diego, CAAge: 35-44Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5This product is awsome. I bought this for my 7th grader this year. I love that she can put on the CD. Read the text and take notes. Set up the experiments herself with household items and then teach my younger kids about the experiment and what she learnend. IT is a time saver for me so I can homeschool the other kids and still have her get a quality science lesson with a Christian perspective.
catwomanWaynesville, NCAge: 35-44Gender: female3 Stars Out Of 5Could have been easier vocabularyOctober 21, 2011catwomanWaynesville, NCAge: 35-44Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 4Meets Expectations: 2We are using the CD Rom for our to junior high kids.
I like it, except the vocabulary used is hard to follow or read.
Reads like an adult encyclopedia, not a conversational narrative.
Other than that, it is good.
dbgouldMilaca, MNAge: 35-44Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5September 23, 2011dbgouldMilaca, MNAge: 35-44Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5This product is amazing!! My daughter has changed her favorite subject to science now. I love this curriculum because of creation-based approach and my daughter loves it because she thinks she is having fun instead of learning!
Q: Are the Solutions and Tests Manual included in the CD-ROM?
Yes, the full-course CD-ROM does include the tests and answers.
Q: Are the chapters or pages pritable? I am hoping the CD version is printable. I have 4 kids and would like for them not to fight over the computer. Thanks.
Yes, you can print pages from this curriculum.
Q: Can I use this for more than one child in the same school year?
Yes, this CD-ROM can be used for more than one student.
Q: Can a child listen to the cd being read? or must they just read off of the computer.
The full-course CD-ROM does not include full audio tracks so the student must read the text on the computer. For an audio recording of the book you would need to purchase CBD stock number WW238414.
Q: Can more than one Student use the CD Rom I have one student that needs to catch up in science and another student at grade level. Do I need a separate CD Rom for each student or will one work for both to go through at independent times?
Yes, because this CD-ROM course does not track student progress, it can be used by multiple students.
Q: Do this CD support by Windows 7? Can I use this for my 3rd grade child?
This curriculum is designed for 7th grade and is Windows 7 compatible.
Q: Do we still need the notebooking journal? With the CD-ROM, do we still need to purchase the separate notebooking journal or is it unnecessary because of any extras on the program? (i.e. if a similar feature is offered on it) I just want to make sure we have what we need, but also don't buy separately what's already included. Thank you!
The full-course CD-ROM only contains materials from the textbook, companion CD, test book and solutions manual. Activities from the notebooking journal (WW495703) are not included, so if you want to take advantage of those you will want to purchase the notebooking journal separately.
Q: Do you need the textbook with this CD Rom, or is it all inclusive?
The Full-Course CD-ROM contains the full contents of the textbook and includes the tests and answers. The textbook is not required.
Q: Do you need to be online to run this course?
You do not need to be online to access the course material. There are links that can be followed for additional study online. However, these are optional and if you are not connected to the internet, these would not be functional.
Q: Does the CD-ROM have a "read-aloud" feature for the text? I have a student who is dyslexic and I am looking for a way he can learn the content without having to struggle over every word.
This full-course CD-ROM offers pronounciation of technical words only. For a full reading of the text you would need the "Exploring Creation with General Science MP3 Audio CD".
Q: Does this work on a mac?
Although technical support is not provided for Macintosh operating systems, this course can be run on Mac OSX and higher.
Q: I have a first edition text. Would it be very frustrating to use this with the CD rom?
This full-course CD-ROM includes the full text of the 2nd edition book. If you are only using the first edition text as a hardcopy reference, it shouldn't present too much trouble.
Q: will this cd work with windows vista?
Yes, this product is compatible with Windows 98 or higher, including Windows Vista.
Find Related Products
Here at Christianbook.com, we offer thousands of quality curriculums, workbooks, and references to meet your homeschooling needs. To assist you in your choices, we have included the following symbol next to those materials that specifically reflect a Christian worldview.
If you have any questions about specific products, our knowledgeable Homeschool Specialists will be glad to help you. Just call 1-800-788-1221.