- All Products
- Church & Pastoralhttp://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/easy_find?event=EBRN&N=5401&Ne=1107462&Nso=1&Nu=product%2Eendeca%5Frollup&Ns=product%2Enumber%5Fsold
- Grade Level
- Media Type
- Theological Tradition
- Guides & Workbooks
- Author / Artist
- Top Rated
- At least 10% off
- At least 20% off
- At least 30% off
- At least 40% off
- At least 50% off
- At least 60% off
- At least 70% off
- At least 80% off
- At least 90% off
CBDReader App for Kindle Fire
Tap the status bar on the top right to access "Settings".
Click on "More".
Turn ON the option to "Allow Installation of Apps From Unknown Sources". For security reasons, you should turn this option OFF after installation.
Navigate to this page while on your Kindle Fire and click here to download the 'CBDReader.apk' file.
After download is complete, tap on the left side of the status bar to open the Notification screen.
Select the CBDReader.apk file to install upated app.
Log in with your CBD account and all the eBooks you've purchased on the Christianbook.com website will be automatically added to your device.
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
Kaiser stands firmly on the side of tradition by arguing that each text has only one true meaning, that meaning intended by the original author. How do we discover this meaning? Studying the text using the Syntactical-Theological method of exegesis. This method looks at the various aspects of a text, and offers insight on developing a contextual, syntactical, verbal, theological and homiletical analysis. Combining all types of analysis gives us greater insight into the true meaning of the text, which then translates into a better understanding of the text's current significance.
This book was intended as an introduction to the formation of an exegetical theology, and Kaiser hopes that it will be the impetus for others to fill out the rest of that theology. He examines the issues related to exegesis, and offers the Syntactical-Theological method. Its a truly valuable first step, and will go a long way in helping pastors to understand the significance of God's word in their congregation. Kaiser is quick to note that preaching without the Holy Spirit of God, even preaching that uses Kaiser's methods, will be ineffective, and he calls on pastors to combine their diligent study of the word with an utter dependence upon God's Spirit. When this is done, the Word of God will be truly and effectively preached, and it will return to God after accomplishing its purpose.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Baker Academic
Publication Date: 1998
Availability: In Stock
Other Customers Also Purchased
New International Encyclopedia of Bible Difficulties - eBookGleason L. Archer Jr.4.5 Stars Out Of 5 8 ReviewsSave 13%
The Letter to the Ephesians: Pillar New Testament Commentary [PNTC]Peter T. O'Brien5 Stars Out Of 5 4 ReviewsSave 33%
New Testament History: A Narrative Account - eBookBen Witherington III5 Stars Out Of 5 2 ReviewsSave 47%
Preaching and Teaching from the Old Testament: A Guide for the Church - eBookWalter C. Kaiser Jr.Save 44%
Find Related Products
- Church & Pastoral >> General
- Church & Pastoral >> Preaching >> General
- Download >> Biblical Studies
- Download >> Church & Pastoral
- Download >> Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> General
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Preaching
- Download >> eBooks >> Theology >> Hermeneutics
- Download >> eBooks >> Theology >> Practical Theology
- eBooks >> Biblical Studies
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> General
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Preaching >> General
- eBooks >> Theology >> Hermeneutics
- eBooks >> Theology >> Practical Theology
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search