- All Products
- Church & Pastoralhttp://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/easy_find?event=EBRN&N=5401&Ne=1107462&Nso=1&Nu=product%2Eendeca%5Frollup&Ns=product%2Enumber%5Fsold
- Grade Level
- Media Type
- Theological Tradition
- Guides & Workbooks
- Author / Artist
- Top Rated
- At least 10% off
- At least 20% off
- At least 30% off
- At least 40% off
- At least 50% off
- At least 60% off
- At least 70% off
- At least 80% off
- At least 90% off
CBDReader App for iPod/iPad/iPhone
Using your iPad, you can download the CBDReader App directly from Apple's App Store.
Open the App Store, type 'CBDReader' into the search bar and press 'Search'.
Click 'install' on the CBDReader app or click the name to view more details.
You will be prompted to enter your Apple ID Password.
When the app is finished downloading, the CBDReader icon will appear on your homescreen.
Log in with your CBD account and all the eBooks you've purchased on the Christianbook.com website will be automatically added to your device.
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
Kaiser stands firmly on the side of tradition by arguing that each text has only one true meaning, that meaning intended by the original author. How do we discover this meaning? Studying the text using the Syntactical-Theological method of exegesis. This method looks at the various aspects of a text, and offers insight on developing a contextual, syntactical, verbal, theological and homiletical analysis. Combining all types of analysis gives us greater insight into the true meaning of the text, which then translates into a better understanding of the text's current significance.
This book was intended as an introduction to the formation of an exegetical theology, and Kaiser hopes that it will be the impetus for others to fill out the rest of that theology. He examines the issues related to exegesis, and offers the Syntactical-Theological method. Its a truly valuable first step, and will go a long way in helping pastors to understand the significance of God's word in their congregation. Kaiser is quick to note that preaching without the Holy Spirit of God, even preaching that uses Kaiser's methods, will be ineffective, and he calls on pastors to combine their diligent study of the word with an utter dependence upon God's Spirit. When this is done, the Word of God will be truly and effectively preached, and it will return to God after accomplishing its purpose.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Baker Academic
Publication Date: 1998
Availability: In Stock
Other Customers Also Purchased
Your Heart's Desire: 14 Truths that Will Forever Change the Way You Love and Are Loved - eBookSheri Rose ShepherdSave 38%
KJV Super Giant Print Reference Bible, Imitation leather, black 4.5 Stars Out Of 5 298 ReviewsSave 33%
Old Testament Narrative - eBookJerome WalshSave 47%
Exploring the New Testament World: An Illustrated Guide to the World of Jesus and the First Christians - eBookAlbert Bell Jr.Save 13%
Find Related Products
- Church & Pastoral >> General
- Church & Pastoral >> Preaching >> General
- Download >> Biblical Studies
- Download >> Church & Pastoral
- Download >> Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> General
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Preaching
- Download >> eBooks >> Theology >> Hermeneutics
- Download >> eBooks >> Theology >> Practical Theology
- eBooks >> Biblical Studies
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> General
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Preaching >> General
- eBooks >> Theology >> Hermeneutics
- eBooks >> Theology >> Practical Theology
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search