- NIV-New International Version
- KJV-King James Version
- NKJV-New King James Version
- ESV-English Standard Version
- NLT-New Living Translation
- NASB-New American Standard
- HCSB-Holman Christian Standard
- NRSV-New Revised Standard Version
- CEB-Common English Bible
- God's Word
- NAB-New American Bible
- NCV-New Century Version
- NTV-Nueva Traduccion Viviente
- NVI-Nueva Version Internacional
- RVR-Reina Valera
- With Apocrypha
- English Standard Version
- NLV-New Life Version
- Helps & Features▼▲
- Book Introductions
- Book Outlines
- Character Profiles
- Family Record Page
- Gilded Edges
- Gold Gilding
- Harmony of the Gospels
- Magnetic Flap
- Note Pages
- Other Helps
- Plan of Salvation
- Presentation Page
- Ribbon Marker
- Self-Pronouncing Text
- Silver Gilding
- Snap Flap
- Table of Weights & Measures
- Thumb Index
- Topical Index
- Two or More Ribbon Markers
- w / Apocrypha / Deuterocanonicals
- Media Type▼▲
- Text Color▼▲
- Text Layout▼▲
- Text Size▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
The ESV Study Bible also provides a wealth of additional resources. Thus the introductions to each book include essential information about the author, date, and place of writing; an extensive chart of key themes; a summary of how the book fits in with the rest of the biblical storyline; a description of literary features; an outline of the book; and a large full-color map showing the setting of the book.
Another unique feature is the inclusion of over 50 helpful articles on topics such as the authority and truthfulness of the Bible, reading the Bible for application, the Bible in worship and prayer, the reliability of the biblical manuscripts, the relationship between archaeology and the Bible, an overview of biblical theology, and many more.
Other key resources include a system of 80,000 cross references and a concordance (which together facilitate easy location of important words, passages, and biblical themes). In addition, over 200 color charts, located throughout the Bible, provide clear, concise presentations of essential information.
Free—includes free access to the ESV Online Study Bible
- The ESV Bible text is set in highly readable 9-point type, in a single-column, book-text format.
- Section summaries are highlighted for easy location throughout the notes. Summaries provide an overview of each main section and correspond to the outline shown in the introduction for each book.
- Over 200 full-color maps printed throughout make events and places in the Bible come to life.
- Over 25,000 notes focus especially on understanding the Bible text and providing answers to frequently raised issues. Words from the Bible text are printed in bold for easy reference.
- Over 80,000 cross-references provide easy access to key words, passages, and themes throughout the Bible.
- Numerous diagrams bring fresh understanding to key places and events in the Bible, based on the best, most recent historical and archaeological research.
- Over 200 charts provide concise, "at a glance" summaries of important themes and teaching.
- Free ESV Online Study Bible available with purchase (see enclosed card for access code)
- Finest quality European Bible paper
- Durable Smyth-sewn binding, lays flat when open
- Presentation page
- Family Record pages
- Ribbon marker
- Gold page edges
- 9.75" x 6.75" x 2.25"
|Format: Imitation Leather|
Number of Pages: 2752
Vendor: Crossway Books & Bibles
Publication Date: 2011
Dimensions: 9.50 X 6.75 X 2.50 (inches)
Availability: In Stock
References: Cross References|Side Column
Text Layout: In-Text Maps/Charts|Single Column
Text Size: 8 Point Notes|9-10 Point
Text Color: Black Letter
ESV Personal-Size Study Bible, TruTone, Olive Celtic Cross DesignCrossway Books & Bibles / 2011 / Imitation Leather$43.49 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 80 Reviews
$64.99Save 33% ($21.50)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW524707
Combining the best and most recent evangelical Christian scholarship with the highly regarded ESV text, the ESV Study Bible is the most comprehensive study Bible ever published.
Alexandre5 Stars Out Of 5Above expectationsJanuary 14, 2015AlexandreQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Balanced and faithful. Insightful and concise.
Callie5 Stars Out Of 5Outstanding BibleJanuary 5, 2015CallieQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5This Bible is very, very nice. Love the study notes, drawings, maps, and the history information.
CF mom5 Stars Out Of 5ESV STUDY BIBLEJanuary 2, 2015CF momQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Great bible!
Great Bible!5 Stars Out Of 5Great Bible!January 2, 2015Great Bible!Quality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Would recommend this Bible to anyone! Great quality and engraving!
gm5 Stars Out Of 5giftJanuary 2, 2015gmOur grandson received this Bible as a gift for Christmas. His eyes and face lit up when he saw all the study helps. Thank you for an excellent value Bible!
Q: Are there references at the bottom of the page? I mean, are there sites at the bottom of the page that shows what was said and/or what the meaning of the sentence is?
Yes, the references and study notes are at the bottom of each page.
Q: Does this ESV Study bible in chocolate/rose have all the 2011 updates? I know that the ESV Bible was updated in 2007 and then again in 2011, does this version of the ESV Study bible have all these updates and if no where can I get one that has all the the 2011 updates for a similar price as this one (44.99)?
The text in this Bible is the 2007 ESV text. The 2011 updates for the ESV are minimal changes to format and structure and are not actual revisions to the translation itself. Crossway continues to use the revised 2007 text for all it's ESV Bibles.
Q: ESV Study Bible I'd like to purchase the newly released (04/22/2011) ESV Study bible in chocolate/rose color for the cover. Are the words in Christ red?
No, The words of Christ are in black font.
Q: What size is the font in this Bible? I need at least 10pt.
This Bible is printed in 9 point text with 7.25 notes.
Other Customers Also Purchased
Tell It Slant: A Conversation on the Language of Jesus in His Stories and PrayersEugene H. PetersonWm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co. / 2008 / Hardcover$2.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$24.00Save 88% ($21.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW829541