- NIV-New International Version
- KJV-King James Version
- NKJV-New King James Version
- ESV-English Standard Version
- NLT-New Living Translation
- NASB-New American Standard
- HCSB-Holman Christian Standard
- NRSV-New Revised Standard Version
- CEB-Common English Bible
- God's Word
- NAB-New American Bible
- NCV-New Century Version
- NTV-Nueva Traduccion Viviente
- NVI-Nueva Version Internacional
- RVR-Reina Valera
- With Apocrypha
- NLV-New Life Version
- Helps & Features▼▲
- Book Introductions
- Book Outlines
- Character Profiles
- Family Record Page
- Gold Gilding
- Harmony of the Gospels
- Magnetic Flap
- Note Pages
- Other Helps
- Plan of Salvation
- Presentation Page
- Ribbon Marker
- Self-Pronouncing Text
- Silver Gilding
- Snap Flap
- Table of Weights & Measures
- Thumb Index
- Topical Index
- Two or More Ribbon Markers
- w / Apocrypha / Deuterocanonicals
- Media Type▼▲
- Text Color▼▲
- Text Layout▼▲
- Text Size▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
The ESV Study Bible also provides a wealth of additional resources. Thus the introductions to each book include essential information about the author, date, and place of writing; an extensive chart of key themes; a summary of how the book fits in with the rest of the biblical storyline; a description of literary features; an outline of the book; and a large full-color map showing the setting of the book.
Another unique feature is the inclusion of over 50 helpful articles on topics such as the authority and truthfulness of the Bible, reading the Bible for application, the Bible in worship and prayer, the reliability of the biblical manuscripts, the relationship between archaeology and the Bible, an overview of biblical theology, and many more.
Other key resources include a system of 80,000 cross references and a concordance (which together facilitate easy location of important words, passages, and biblical themes). In addition, over 200 color charts, located throughout the Bible, provide clear, concise presentations of essential information.
Free—includes free access to the ESV Online Study Bible
- The ESV Bible text is set in highly readable 9-point type, in a single-column, book-text format.
- Section summaries are highlighted for easy location throughout the notes. Summaries provide an overview of each main section and correspond to the outline shown in the introduction for each book.
- Over 200 full-color maps printed throughout make events and places in the Bible come to life.
- Over 25,000 notes focus especially on understanding the Bible text and providing answers to frequently raised issues. Words from the Bible text are printed in bold for easy reference.
- Over 80,000 cross-references provide easy access to key words, passages, and themes throughout the Bible.
- Numerous diagrams bring fresh understanding to key places and events in the Bible, based on the best, most recent historical and archaeological research.
- Over 200 charts provide concise, "at a glance" summaries of important themes and teaching.
- Free ESV Online Study Bible available with purchase (see enclosed card for access code)
- Finest quality European Bible paper
- Durable Smyth-sewn binding, lays flat when open
- Presentation page
- Family Record pages
- Ribbon marker
- Gold page edges
- 9.75" x 6.75" x 2.25"
|Format: Imitation Leather|
Number of Pages: 2752
Vendor: Crossway Books & Bibles
Publication Date: 2011
Dimensions: 9.50 X 6.75 X 2.50 (inches)
Availability: In Stock
References: Cross References|Side Column
Text Layout: In-Text Maps/Charts|Single Column
Text Size: 8 Point Notes|9-10 Point
Text Color: Black Letter
ESV Personal-Size Study Bible, TruTone, Olive Celtic Cross DesignCrossway Books & Bibles / 2011 / Imitation Leather$37.49 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 71 Reviews
$64.99Save 42% ($27.50)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW524707
Combining the best and most recent evangelical Christian scholarship with the highly regarded ESV text, the ESV Study Bible is the most comprehensive study Bible ever published.
Rich KauffmanLake Forest, CaAge: 45-54Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5Right on targetOctober 27, 2014Rich KauffmanLake Forest, CaAge: 45-54Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Although the print was a little bit smaller than expected for the Bible reading, it was still readable since the words/print was not all "scrunched" up. Everything else about this Bible was very much what I was looking for and at a great value as well with study notes, study guides, cross references making those who are really hungry for God's word to dig deeper into this Bible.
Wilfredo5 Stars Out Of 5Gift For My sisterOctober 25, 2014WilfredoQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I purchased this Bible for my sister on her birthday. She absolutely loves it. Her Christian friends also loved it and plan on purchasing them as well. I, along with her are very pleased.
ThomasIn.Age: 55-65Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5ESV Study BibleOctober 23, 2014ThomasIn.Age: 55-65Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5great I am using for Seminary
ESV Study Bible5 Stars Out Of 5Great Bible!October 5, 2014ESV Study BibleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5The product was great and as promised! Thank you!
kennylec4 Stars Out Of 5Excellent Study Bible...butOctober 3, 2014kennylecQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 4This is a suburb study bible, at least to the extent that I have read it; I am only 5% of the way through. With one exception thus far: I am disappointed in the handling of young earth versus old earth, without their addressing anywhere that I have seen in the commentary, the accepted interpretation of the Hebrew word for "one day" or "24 hours". To their credit there is no equivocating on God as the creator and designer. They just leave an opening for the unacceptable gap theory, or what has "evolutionized" into the day-age theory.
Q: Are there references at the bottom of the page? I mean, are there sites at the bottom of the page that shows what was said and/or what the meaning of the sentence is?
Yes, the references and study notes are at the bottom of each page.
Q: Does this ESV Study bible in chocolate/rose have all the 2011 updates? I know that the ESV Bible was updated in 2007 and then again in 2011, does this version of the ESV Study bible have all these updates and if no where can I get one that has all the the 2011 updates for a similar price as this one (44.99)?
The text in this Bible is the 2007 ESV text. The 2011 updates for the ESV are minimal changes to format and structure and are not actual revisions to the translation itself. Crossway continues to use the revised 2007 text for all it's ESV Bibles.
Q: ESV Study Bible I'd like to purchase the newly released (04/22/2011) ESV Study bible in chocolate/rose color for the cover. Are the words in Christ red?
No, The words of Christ are in black font.
Q: What size is the font in this Bible? I need at least 10pt.
This Bible is printed in 9 point text with 7.25 notes.
Other Customers Also Purchased
The Harbinger: The Ancient Mystery that Holds the Secret of America's FutureJonathan CahnFrontline / 2012 / Trade Paperback$8.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 596 Reviews
$16.99Save 47% ($8.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW386108Video