- NIV-New International Version
- KJV-King James Version
- NKJV-New King James Version
- ESV-English Standard Version
- NLT-New Living Translation
- NASB-New American Standard
- HCSB-Holman Christian Standard
- NIrV-New International Readers Version
- CEB-Common English Bible
- ICB-International Children's Bible
- God's Word
- NASB update-New American Standard Update
- NCV-New Century Version
- NVI-Nueva Version Internacional
- RVR-Reina Valera
- The Voice
- TNIV-Today's New International Version
- Helps & Features▼▲
- Book Introductions
- Book Outlines
- Character Profiles
- Family Record Page
- Gilded Edges
- Gold Gilding
- Harmony of the Gospels
- Note Pages
- Other Helps
- Plan of Salvation
- Presentation Page
- Ribbon Marker
- Self-Pronouncing Text
- Silver Gilding
- Snap Flap
- Table of Weights & Measures
- Thumb Index
- Topical Index
- Two or More Ribbon Markers
- Media Type▼▲
- Text Color▼▲
- Text Layout▼▲
- Text Size▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
The ESV Study Bible also provides a wealth of additional resources. Thus the introductions to each book include essential information about the author, date, and place of writing; an extensive chart of key themes; a summary of how the book fits in with the rest of the biblical storyline; a description of literary features; an outline of the book; and a large full-color map showing the setting of the book.
Another unique feature is the inclusion of over 50 helpful articles on topics such as the authority and truthfulness of the Bible, reading the Bible for application, the Bible in worship and prayer, the reliability of the biblical manuscripts, the relationship between archaeology and the Bible, an overview of biblical theology, and many more.
Other key resources include a system of 80,000 cross references and a concordance (which together facilitate easy location of important words, passages, and biblical themes). In addition, over 200 color charts, located throughout the Bible, provide clear, concise presentations of essential information.
Free—includes free access to the ESV Online Study Bible
- The ESV Bible text is set in highly readable 9-point type, in a single-column, book-text format.
- Section summaries are highlighted for easy location throughout the notes. Summaries provide an overview of each main section and correspond to the outline shown in the introduction for each book.
- Over 200 full-color maps printed throughout make events and places in the Bible come to life.
- Over 25,000 notes focus especially on understanding the Bible text and providing answers to frequently raised issues. Words from the Bible text are printed in bold for easy reference.
- Over 80,000 cross-references provide easy access to key words, passages, and themes throughout the Bible.
- Numerous diagrams bring fresh understanding to key places and events in the Bible, based on the best, most recent historical and archaeological research.
- Over 200 charts provide concise, "at a glance" summaries of important themes and teaching.
- Free ESV Online Study Bible available with purchase (see enclosed card for access code)
- Finest quality European Bible paper
- Durable Smyth-sewn binding, lays flat when open
- Presentation page
- Family Record pages
- Ribbon marker
- Gold page edges
- 9.75" x 6.75" x 2.25"
|Format: Imitation Leather|
Number of Pages: 2752
Vendor: Crossway Books & Bibles
Publication Date: 2011
Dimensions: 9.50 X 6.75 X 2.50 (inches)
Availability: In Stock
References: Cross References|Side Column
Text Layout: In-Text Maps/Charts|Single Column
Text Size: 8 Point Notes|9-10 Point
Text Color: Black Letter
ESV Personal-Size Study Bible, TruTone, Olive Celtic Cross DesignCrossway Books & Bibles / 2011 / Imitation Leather$37.49 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 76 Reviews
$64.99Save 42% ($27.50)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW524707
Combining the best and most recent evangelical Christian scholarship with the highly regarded ESV text, the ESV Study Bible is the most comprehensive study Bible ever published.
DS5 Stars Out Of 5Good study BibleNovember 22, 2014DSQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Good solid study Bible
D5 Stars Out Of 5ESV Study BibleNovember 18, 2014DQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Originally I purchased one like this for my husband, then I kept using his Bible for my sermon prep, so he had to buy another one for me, so he could us his! Great study notes. The imprinting is also nice.
Jay Maynard5 Stars Out Of 5ESV bible is exceptional!!!!November 5, 2014Jay MaynardQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5The ESV study bible is a great word for word translation, and great for preaching, and i would recommend this translation to everyone, i use this personally.
rkg23Age: Over 65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5ESV STUDY BIBLENovember 1, 2014rkg23Age: Over 65Gender: femaleWONDERFUL VERSION OF GOD'S HOLY WORD
Barb5 Stars Out Of 5Great!October 31, 2014BarbI just started using this Bible; I have other Study Bibles and believe this one is excellent! There is also a free access code to an online Bible app where you can read the Bible and the study notes and other resources. You can also make your own notes and save them.
Q: Are there references at the bottom of the page? I mean, are there sites at the bottom of the page that shows what was said and/or what the meaning of the sentence is?
Yes, the references and study notes are at the bottom of each page.
Q: Does this ESV Study bible in chocolate/rose have all the 2011 updates? I know that the ESV Bible was updated in 2007 and then again in 2011, does this version of the ESV Study bible have all these updates and if no where can I get one that has all the the 2011 updates for a similar price as this one (44.99)?
The text in this Bible is the 2007 ESV text. The 2011 updates for the ESV are minimal changes to format and structure and are not actual revisions to the translation itself. Crossway continues to use the revised 2007 text for all it's ESV Bibles.
Q: ESV Study Bible I'd like to purchase the newly released (04/22/2011) ESV Study bible in chocolate/rose color for the cover. Are the words in Christ red?
No, The words of Christ are in black font.
Q: What size is the font in this Bible? I need at least 10pt.
This Bible is printed in 9 point text with 7.25 notes.
Other Customers Also Purchased
The Harbinger: The Ancient Mystery that Holds the Secret of America's FutureJonathan CahnFrontline / 2012 / Trade Paperback$5.00 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 613 Reviews
$16.99Save 71% ($11.99)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW386108Video