- NIV-New International Version
- KJV-King James Version
- NKJV-New King James Version
- ESV-English Standard Version
- NLT-New Living Translation
- NASB-New American Standard
- HCSB-Holman Christian Standard
- NIrV-New International Readers Version
- NRSV-New Revised Standard Version
- CEB-Common English Bible
- CEV-Contemporary English Version
- ICB-International Children's Bible
- God's Word
- NAB-New American Bible
- NASB update-New American Standard Update
- NCV-New Century Version
- NVI-Nueva Version Internacional
- RVR-Reina Valera
- The Voice
- TNIV-Today's New International Version
- With Apocrypha
- NLV-New Life Version
- TEV-Today's English Version
- Helps & Features▼▲
- Book Introductions
- Book Outlines
- Character Profiles
- Family Record Page
- Gilded Edges
- Gold Gilding
- Harmony of the Gospels
- Magnetic Flap
- Note Pages
- Other Helps
- Plan of Salvation
- Presentation Page
- Ribbon Marker
- Self-Pronouncing Text
- Silver Gilding
- Snap Flap
- Table of Weights & Measures
- Thumb Index
- Topical Index
- Two or More Ribbon Markers
- w / Apocrypha / Deuterocanonicals
- Media Type▼▲
- Text Color▼▲
- Text Layout▼▲
- Text Size▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
The ESV Study Bible includes more than 20,000 notes, written specifically for the ESV Study Bible. These notes focus especially on understanding the meaning of the text, giving answers to frequently raised questions, and providing theological, historical, and archaeological background—all for the purpose of helping readers to understand the Bible in a deeper way.
The ESV Study Bible also provides a wealth of additional resources. Thus the introductions to each book include essential information about the author, date, and place of writing; an extensive chart of key themes; a summary of how the book fits in with the rest of the biblical storyline; a description of literary features; an outline of the book; and a large full-color map showing the setting of the book.
Another unique feature is the inclusion of over 50 helpful articles on topics such as the authority and truthfulness of the Bible, reading the Bible for application, the Bible in worship and prayer, the reliability of the biblical manuscripts, the relationship between archaeology and the Bible, an overview of biblical theology, and many more.
Other key resources include a system of 80,000 cross references and a concordance (which together facilitate easy location of important words, passages, and biblical themes). In addition, over 200 color charts, located throughout the Bible, provide clear, concise presentations of essential information.
View a complete list of editors, contributors, and articles.
Free—includes free access to the ESV Online Study Bible
- The ESV Bible text is set in highly readable 9-point type, in a single-column, book-text format.
- Section summaries are highlighted for easy location throughout the notes. Summaries provide an overview of each main section and correspond to the outline shown in the introduction for each book.
- Over 200 full-color maps printed throughout make events and places in the Bible come to life.
- Over 25,000 notes focus especially on understanding the Bible text and providing answers to frequently raised issues. Words from the Bible text are printed in bold for easy reference.
- Over 80,000 cross-references provide easy access to key words, passages, and themes throughout the Bible.
- Numerous diagrams bring fresh understanding to key places and events in the Bible, based on the best, most recent historical and archaeological research.
- Over 200 charts provide concise, "at a glance" summaries of important themes and teaching.
- Presentation page
- Family Record pages
- Ribbon marker
- Gold page edges
|Format: Imitation Leather|
Number of Pages: 2752
Vendor: Crossway Books & Bibles
Publication Date: 2010
Dimensions: 9.75 X 6.75 X 2.25 (inches)
Availability: In Stock
References: Cross References|Side Column
Text Layout: In-Text Maps/Charts|Single Column
Text Size: 8 Point Notes|9-10 Point
Text Color: Black Letter
Combining the best and most recent evangelical Christian scholarship with the highly regarded ESV text, the ESV Study Bible is the most comprehensive study Bible ever published.
raideron5 Stars Out Of 5ESV Study Bible, TruTone, Navy/Tan, Band DesignAugust 28, 2014raideronQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Just got the ESV Study Bible, to go with my Holman KJV Study Bible and my HCSB reference Bible. I love them all to learn and follow the word of our Saviour. The ESV Study Bible is filled with a lot of bibical information. I really just started reading the Bible Faithly and I believe the ESV Bible will inhance my knowledge. Just wished it had the words of our Lord in red...
Melly5 Stars Out Of 5Love this BibleAugust 27, 2014MellyQuality: 5Value: 4Meets Expectations: 5Great for a gift. Especially with the personalised name on it.
Reba5 Stars Out Of 5ESV Study BibleAugust 25, 2014RebaQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Excellent
MassOhioAge: 45-54Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5Great BibleMay 4, 2014MassOhioAge: 45-54Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5The ESV is one of the best study bibles published. The genuine leather is exellent quality and the text is very readable. The commentary is extensive and well written. This bible is really big. The only thing missing is a luggage carrier to haul it around!
HunterAge: 25-34Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5Number One Bible- hands down!April 8, 2014HunterAge: 25-34Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Like a lot of people I own several bibles in different translations. First of all the ESV speaks to me the "loudest"- both in accuracy and comprehension. The notes and guides are unparalleled to any other study bible. Don't be discouraged about the smaller font. (I'm not sure why some make this mistake in the first place given the fact you can easily find the font size for any bible before a purchase is made.) I can honestly say this is the number one tool that has helped me for understanding God's word.
Other Customers Also Purchased
Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in His Presence - Devotions for Every Day of the YearSarah YoungThomas Nelson / 2004 / Hardcover$8.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 875 Reviews
$15.99Save 44% ($7.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW451884Video
Rejoice, Psalm 100:2 Bible Cover, Blue, LargeChristian Art Gifts / 2012 / Gift$17.99 Retail:
$19.99Save 10% ($2.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW109865X
ESV Share the Good News Outreach Bible, Case of 24Crossway Books & Bibles / 2010 / Trade Paperback$79.92 Retail:
$119.76Save 33% ($39.84)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW519451CS
ESV Thinline Bible (TruTone, Black/Tan, Trail Design)Crossway Books & Bibles / 2012 / Imitation Leather$17.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$29.99Save 40% ($12.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW532719