- All Products
- Study Biblehttp://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/easy_find?event=EBRN&N=5401&Ne=1029249&Nso=1&Nu=product%2Eendeca%5Frollup&Ns=product%2Enumber%5Fsold
- Helps & Features
- Media Type
- Text Color
- Text Layout
- Text Size
- Author / Artist
- Top Rated
The ESV Study Bible includes more than 20,000 notes, written specifically for the ESV Study Bible. These notes focus especially on understanding the meaning of the text, giving answers to frequently raised questions, and providing theological, historical, and archaeological background—all for the purpose of helping readers to understand the Bible in a deeper way.
The ESV Study Bible also provides a wealth of additional resources. Thus the introductions to each book include essential information about the author, date, and place of writing; an extensive chart of key themes; a summary of how the book fits in with the rest of the biblical storyline; a description of literary features; an outline of the book; and a large full-color map showing the setting of the book.
Another unique feature is the inclusion of over 50 helpful articles on topics such as the authority and truthfulness of the Bible, reading the Bible for application, the Bible in worship and prayer, the reliability of the biblical manuscripts, the relationship between archaeology and the Bible, an overview of biblical theology, and many more.
Other key resources include a system of 80,000 cross references and a concordance (which together facilitate easy location of important words, passages, and biblical themes). In addition, over 200 color charts, located throughout the Bible, provide clear, concise presentations of essential information.
View a complete list of editors, contributors, and articles.
- The ESV Bible text is set in highly readable 9-point type, in a single-column, book-text format.
- Section summaries are highlighted for easy location throughout the notes. Summaries provide an overview of each main section and correspond to the outline shown in the introduction for each book.
- Over 200 full-color maps printed throughout make events and places in the Bible come to life.
- Over 25,000 notes focus especially on understanding the Bible text and providing answers to frequently raised issues. Words from the Bible text are printed in bold for easy reference.
- Over 80,000 cross-references provide easy access to key words, passages, and themes throughout the Bible.
- Numerous diagrams bring fresh understanding to key places and events in the Bible, based on the best, most recent historical and archaeological research.
- Over 200 charts provide concise, “at a glance” summaries of important themes and teaching.
- Presentation page
- Family Record pages
- Ribbon marker
- Gold page edges
- 7" x 9.75" x 2"
|Format: Genuine Leather|
Number of Pages: 2752
Vendor: Crossway Books & Bibles
Publication Date: 2008
Dimensions: 9.50 X 6.75 X 2.25 (inches)
Availability: In Stock
References: Cross References|Side Column
Text Layout: In-Text Maps/Charts|Single Column
Text Size: 8 Point Notes|9-10 Point
Text Color: Black Letter
ESV Study Bible--genuine cowhide leather, deep brown 5 Stars Out Of 5 702 ReviewsSave 44%
ESV Reformation Study Bible (2nd Edition), Leather-Like, Gray 5 Stars Out Of 5 64 ReviewsSave 33%
ESV Study Bible, TruTone, Brown/Purple with Iris Design 5 Stars Out Of 5 7 ReviewsSave 39%
Combining the best and most recent evangelical Christian scholarship with the highly regarded ESV text, the ESV Study Bible is the most comprehensive study Bible ever published.
Other Customers Also Purchased
The Meaning of Marriage: Facing the Complexities of Commitment with the Wisdom of GodTimothy Keller5 Stars Out Of 5 12 ReviewsSave 35%Video
Respectable Sins: Confronting the Sins We TolerateJerry Bridges5 Stars Out Of 5 64 ReviewsSave 50%
The Story, NIV: The Bible As One Continuous Story of God and His People. Hardcover 4.5 Stars Out Of 5 104 ReviewsSave 62%Video
The Jesus Storybook Bible: Every Story Whispers His NameSally Lloyd-Jones5 Stars Out Of 5 185 ReviewsSave 50%