- NIV-New International Version
- KJV-King James Version
- NKJV-New King James Version
- ESV-English Standard Version
- NLT-New Living Translation
- NASB-New American Standard
- HCSB-Holman Christian Standard
- NIrV-New International Readers Version
- NRSV-New Revised Standard Version
- CEB-Common English Bible
- Ancient Manuscripts
- Author's Translation
- CEV-Contemporary English Version
- LBLA-Las Americas
- NAB-New American Bible
- NASB update-New American Standard Update
- NCV-New Century Version
- NTV-Nueva Traduccion Viviente
- NVI-Nueva Version Internacional
- RSV-Revised Standard Version
- RVR-Reina Valera
- The Voice
- TNIV-Today's New International Version
- With Apocrypha
- English Standard Version
- NASB update-New American Standard update
- Helps & Features▼▲
- Book Introductions
- Book Outlines
- Character Profiles
- Family Record Page
- Gilded Edges
- Gold Gilding
- Harmony of the Gospels
- Note Pages
- Other Helps
- Plan of Salvation
- Presentation Page
- Ribbon Marker
- Self-Pronouncing Text
- Silver Gilding
- Snap Flap
- Table of Weights & Measures
- Thumb Index
- Topical Index
- Two or More Ribbon Markers
- w / Apocrypha / Deuterocanonicals
- Media Type▼▲
- Text Color▼▲
- Text Layout▼▲
- Text Size▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
The ESV Study Bible also provides a wealth of additional resources. Thus the introductions to each book include essential information about the author, date, and place of writing; an extensive chart of key themes; a summary of how the book fits in with the rest of the biblical storyline; a description of literary features; an outline of the book; and a large full-color map showing the setting of the book.
Another unique feature is the inclusion of over 50 helpful articles on topics such as the authority and truthfulness of the Bible, reading the Bible for application, the Bible in worship and prayer, the reliability of the biblical manuscripts, the relationship between archaeology and the Bible, an overview of biblical theology, and many more.
Other key resources include a system of 80,000 cross references and a concordance (which together facilitate easy location of important words, passages, and biblical themes). In addition, over 200 color charts, located throughout the Bible, provide clear, concise presentations of essential information.
View a complete list of editors, contributors, and articles.
- The ESV Bible text is set in highly readable 9-point type, in a single-column, book-text format.
- Section summaries are highlighted for easy location throughout the notes. Summaries provide an overview of each main section and correspond to the outline shown in the introduction for each book.
- Over 200 full-color maps printed throughout make events and places in the Bible come to life.
- Over 25,000 notes focus especially on understanding the Bible text and providing answers to frequently raised issues. Words from the Bible text are printed in bold for easy reference.
- Over 80,000 cross-references provide easy access to key words, passages, and themes throughout the Bible.
- Numerous diagrams bring fresh understanding to key places and events in the Bible, based on the best, most recent historical and archaeological research.
- Over 200 charts provide concise, “at a glance” summaries of important themes and teaching.
- Presentation page
- Family Record pages
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Crossway Books & Bibles
Publication Date: 2008
Availability: In Stock
References: Cross References
The ESV Study Bible was created to help people understand the Bible in a deeper way. Combining the best and most recent evangelical Christian scholarship with the highly regarded ESV text, it is the most comprehensive study Bible ever published.
The ESV Study Bible features more than 2,750 pages of extensive, accessible Bible resources, including completely new notes, full-color maps, illustrations, charts, timelines, and articles created by an outstanding team of 93 evangelical Christian scholars and teachers. In addition to the 757,000 words of the ESV Bible itself, the notes and resources of the ESV Study Bible comprise an additional 1.1 million words of insightful explanation and teaching-equivalent to a 20-volume Bible resource library all contained in one volume. (Please note this edition does not come with free access to the Online ESV Study Bible resources.)
rddegroatAge: 55-65Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5Great Study Bible!June 22, 2013rddegroatAge: 55-65Gender: maleLots of nice charts, maps, diagrams and illustrations as well as lots of notes and background material. Works well with Adobe Digital Editions, but not FBReader.
TLPJAge: Over 65Gender: male1 Stars Out Of 5does not work well on my iPadNovember 27, 2012TLPJAge: Over 65Gender: maleQuality: 1Value: 1Meets Expectations: 1when trying to navigate through this book the book usually closes out and goes back to the iPad home page or in many cases will not jump to the requested selection.
Other Customers Also Purchased
The Amish Blacksmith, The Men of Lancaster County Series #2Mindy Starns Clark, Susan MeissnerHarvest House Publishers / 2014 / Trade Paperback$10.49 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 4 Reviews
$13.99Save 25% ($3.50)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW957360
We Are Spiritual Beings Shirt, Red, X-LargeRed Letter 9 Inc / 2013 / Gift$9.99Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW42276XL
Luckiest Man: The Life and Death of Lou Gehrig - eBookJonathan EigSimon & Schuster / 2010 / ePub$11.66Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW9379EB