- NIV-New International Version
- KJV-King James Version
- NKJV-New King James Version
- ESV-English Standard Version
- NLT-New Living Translation
- NASB-New American Standard
- HCSB-Holman Christian Standard
- NIrV-New International Readers Version
- NRSV-New Revised Standard Version
- CEB-Common English Bible
- Ancient Manuscripts
- Author's Translation
- CEV-Contemporary English Version
- LBLA-Las Americas
- NAB-New American Bible
- NASB update-New American Standard Update
- NCV-New Century Version
- NET-New English Translation
- NTV-Nueva Traduccion Viviente
- NVI-Nueva Version Internacional
- RSV-Revised Standard Version
- RVR-Reina Valera
- The Voice
- TNIV-Today's New International Version
- With Apocrypha
- Helps & Features▼▲
- Book Introductions
- Book Outlines
- Character Profiles
- Family Record Page
- Gilded Edges
- Gold Gilding
- Harmony of the Gospels
- Note Pages
- Other Helps
- Plan of Salvation
- Presentation Page
- Ribbon Marker
- Self-Pronouncing Text
- Silver Gilding
- Table of Weights & Measures
- Thumb Index
- Topical Index
- Two or More Ribbon Markers
- w / Apocrypha / Deuterocanonicals
- Media Type▼▲
- Text Color▼▲
- Text Layout▼▲
- Text Size▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
The ESV Study Bible also provides a wealth of additional resources. Thus the introductions to each book include essential information about the author, date, and place of writing; an extensive chart of key themes; a summary of how the book fits in with the rest of the biblical storyline; a description of literary features; an outline of the book; and a large full-color map showing the setting of the book.
Another unique feature is the inclusion of over 50 helpful articles on topics such as the authority and truthfulness of the Bible, reading the Bible for application, the Bible in worship and prayer, the reliability of the biblical manuscripts, the relationship between archaeology and the Bible, an overview of biblical theology, and many more.
Other key resources include a system of 80,000 cross references and a concordance (which together facilitate easy location of important words, passages, and biblical themes). In addition, over 200 color charts, located throughout the Bible, provide clear, concise presentations of essential information.
View a complete list of editors, contributors, and articles.
- The ESV Bible text is set in highly readable 9-point type, in a single-column, book-text format.
- Section summaries are highlighted for easy location throughout the notes. Summaries provide an overview of each main section and correspond to the outline shown in the introduction for each book.
- Over 200 full-color maps printed throughout make events and places in the Bible come to life.
- Over 25,000 notes focus especially on understanding the Bible text and providing answers to frequently raised issues. Words from the Bible text are printed in bold for easy reference.
- Over 80,000 cross-references provide easy access to key words, passages, and themes throughout the Bible.
- Numerous diagrams bring fresh understanding to key places and events in the Bible, based on the best, most recent historical and archaeological research.
- Over 200 charts provide concise, “at a glance” summaries of important themes and teaching.
- Presentation page
- Family Record pages
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Crossway Books
Publication Date: 2008
Availability: In Stock
References: Cross References
The ESV Study Bible was created to help people understand the Bible in a deeper way. Combining the best and most recent evangelical Christian scholarship with the highly regarded ESV text, it is the most comprehensive study Bible ever published.
The ESV Study Bible features more than 2,750 pages of extensive, accessible Bible resources, including completely new notes, full-color maps, illustrations, charts, timelines, and articles created by an outstanding team of 93 evangelical Christian scholars and teachers. In addition to the 757,000 words of the ESV Bible itself, the notes and resources of the ESV Study Bible comprise an additional 1.1 million words of insightful explanation and teaching-equivalent to a 20-volume Bible resource library all contained in one volume. (Please note this edition does not come with free access to the Online ESV Study Bible resources.)
HSpikeCatskill Mountains, New York StateAge: 55-65Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5More complete than any other Study Bible I ownSeptember 11, 2014HSpikeCatskill Mountains, New York StateAge: 55-65Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 4Meets Expectations: 5I own about a dozen study bibles, and compared to any of the others that I read, the ESV Study Bible is the most complete that I own. There are no gaps, there is mostly scholarly material and no guess work involved. The combination of the ESV translation which is highly readable but keeps the meaning of the books intact with the great study material is a winning combination. I highly recommend it.
rddegroatAge: 55-65Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5Great Study Bible!June 22, 2013rddegroatAge: 55-65Gender: maleLots of nice charts, maps, diagrams and illustrations as well as lots of notes and background material. Works well with Adobe Digital Editions, but not FBReader.
TLPJAge: Over 65Gender: male1 Stars Out Of 5does not work well on my iPadNovember 27, 2012TLPJAge: Over 65Gender: maleQuality: 1Value: 1Meets Expectations: 1when trying to navigate through this book the book usually closes out and goes back to the iPad home page or in many cases will not jump to the requested selection.
Other Customers Also Purchased
How to Read the Bible for All Its Worth: Fourth Edition / Special edition - eBookGordon D. Fee, Douglas StuartZondervan / 2014 / ePub$10.89 Retail:
$12.99Save 16% ($2.10)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW48949EB
Systematic Theology: An Introduction to Biblical Doctrine - eBookWayne GrudemZondervan / 2009 / ePub$26.73 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 103 Reviews
$32.99Save 19% ($6.26)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW3332EB
Following God with All Your Heart Growth and Study Guide: Believing and Living God's Plan for You - eBookElizabeth GeorgeHarvest House Publishers / 2008 / ePub$6.05 Retail:
$7.99Save 24% ($1.94)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW22961EB