- NIV-New International Version
- KJV-King James Version
- NKJV-New King James Version
- ESV-English Standard Version
- NLT-New Living Translation
- NASB-New American Standard
- HCSB-Holman Christian Standard
- NIrV-New International Readers Version
- NRSV-New Revised Standard Version
- CEB-Common English Bible
- CEV-Contemporary English Version
- ICB-International Children's Bible
- God's Word
- NAB-New American Bible
- NASB update-New American Standard Update
- NCV-New Century Version
- NVI-Nueva Version Internacional
- RVR-Reina Valera
- The Voice
- TNIV-Today's New International Version
- With Apocrypha
- NLV-New Life Version
- TEV-Today's English Version
- Helps & Features▼▲
- Book Introductions
- Book Outlines
- Character Profiles
- Family Record Page
- Gilded Edges
- Gold Gilding
- Harmony of the Gospels
- Magnetic Flap
- Note Pages
- Other Helps
- Plan of Salvation
- Presentation Page
- Ribbon Marker
- Self-Pronouncing Text
- Silver Gilding
- Snap Flap
- Table of Weights & Measures
- Thumb Index
- Topical Index
- Two or More Ribbon Markers
- w / Apocrypha / Deuterocanonicals
- Media Type▼▲
- Text Color▼▲
- Text Layout▼▲
- Text Size▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
The ESV Study Bible includes more than 20,000 notes, written specifically for the ESV Study Bible. These notes focus especially on understanding the meaning of the text, giving answers to frequently raised questions, and providing theological, historical, and archaeological background—all for the purpose of helping readers to understand the Bible in a deeper way.
The ESV Study Bible also provides a wealth of additional resources. Thus the introductions to each book include essential information about the author, date, and place of writing; an extensive chart of key themes; a summary of how the book fits in with the rest of the biblical storyline; a description of literary features; an outline of the book; and a large full-color map showing the setting of the book.
Another unique feature is the inclusion of over 50 helpful articles on topics such as the authority and truthfulness of the Bible, reading the Bible for application, the Bible in worship and prayer, the reliability of the biblical manuscripts, the relationship between archaeology and the Bible, an overview of biblical theology, and many more.
Other key resources include a system of 80,000 cross references and a concordance (which together facilitate easy location of important words, passages, and biblical themes). In addition, over 200 color charts, located throughout the Bible, provide clear, concise presentations of essential information.
View a complete list of editors, contributors, and articles.
- The ESV Bible text is set in highly readable 9-point type, in a single-column, book-text format.
- Section summaries are highlighted for easy location throughout the notes. Summaries provide an overview of each main section and correspond to the outline shown in the introduction for each book.
- Over 200 full-color maps printed throughout make events and places in the Bible come to life.
- Over 25,000 notes focus especially on understanding the Bible text and providing answers to frequently raised issues. Words from the Bible text are printed in bold for easy reference.
- Over 80,000 cross-references provide easy access to key words, passages, and themes throughout the Bible.
- Numerous diagrams bring fresh understanding to key places and events in the Bible, based on the best, most recent historical and archaeological research.
- Over 200 charts provide concise, “at a glance” summaries of important themes and teaching.
- Presentation page
- Family Record pages
- Ribbon marker
- 7" x 9.75" x 2"
- Gold page edges
|Format: Bonded Leather|
Number of Pages: 2752
Vendor: Crossway Books & Bibles
Publication Date: 2008
Dimensions: 9.50 X 6.75 X 2.25 (inches)
Availability: In Stock
References: Cross References|Side Column
Text Layout: Double Column|In-Text Maps/Charts
Text Size: 8 Point Notes|9-10 Point
Text Color: Black Letter
Combining the best and most recent evangelical Christian scholarship with the highly regarded ESV text, the ESV Study Bible is the most comprehensive study Bible ever published.
Great ESV Study Bible5 Stars Out Of 5Great ESV Study Bible w room for Personalization!March 23, 2015Great ESV Study BibleQuality: 5Value: 3Meets Expectations: 5I ordered 4 of these Bibles engraved to give to Believers in a foreign country who dont have all the Bible study materials we do! They loved that it was personalized, in ESV so easier to read, and larger print. it is great to have all the Bible study notes right in your Bible to facilitate in-depth study!
ssgcarter5 Stars Out Of 5Best Bible I haveMarch 12, 2015ssgcarterQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I have many great study Bibles and had heard alot about the ESV Study Bible. Got it last month and already it is the most awesome one I have because of all the extra contents. Thank you for putting together such a great study Bible.
Lois5 Stars Out Of 5Great Study BibleFebruary 25, 2015LoisQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5This Bible is so much more than just a Bible. From the commentary to the additional features. I am so pleased to have purchased this study Bible. I believe anyone who purchases this will be extremely suprised at how much information is actually presented.
AHauff5 Stars Out Of 5The Best BibleFebruary 10, 2015AHauffLove this Bible. Originally bought for my son as one of his graduation gifts. My husband and I liked his so much, we bought one for each of us. The calfskin is amazingly soft...love the feel of it...literally and figuratively!! :-) The study notes below each page have proven helpful more times than I can count. The maps and drawings are just a bonus. I wish it was red-lettered, but other than that, I have nothing negative to say about it.
Alexandre5 Stars Out Of 5Above expectationsJanuary 14, 2015AlexandreQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Balanced and faithful. Insightful and concise.
Other Customers Also Purchased
Zondervan NIV Study Bible, Updated Edition, Italian Duo-Tone, Berry Cream/Chocolate 1984Zondervan / 2009 / Imitation Leather$29.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 9 Reviews
$69.99Save 57% ($40.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW0949206
Biblia Bilingue RVR 1960-KJV, Piel Fab. Rojizo / RVR 1960-KJV Bilingual Bible, Bon. Leather BurgundyB&H Books / 1993 / Bonded Leather$26.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 74 Reviews
$40.99Save 34% ($14.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW35X
Zondervan NIV Study Bible, Bonded Leather, Black 1984 - Imperfectly Imprinted BiblesZondervan / 2008 / Bonded Leather$31.99 Retail:
$69.99Save 54% ($38.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW939009MI
Biblia de Estudio Harper RVR 1960, Piel Imitada Azul (RVR 1960 Harper Study Bible, Imit. Leather, Blue)Thomas Nelson / 2012 / Imitation Leather$44.99 Retail:
$64.99Save 31% ($20.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW557697