ESV Study Bible--Bonded leather, Burgundy
Email me when this product is available.
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
The ESV Study Bible includes more than 20,000 notes, written specifically for the ESV Study Bible. These notes focus especially on understanding the meaning of the text, giving answers to frequently raised questions, and providing theological, historical, and archaeological background—all for the purpose of helping readers to understand the Bible in a deeper way.
The ESV Study Bible also provides a wealth of additional resources. Thus the introductions to each book include essential information about the author, date, and place of writing; an extensive chart of key themes; a summary of how the book fits in with the rest of the biblical storyline; a description of literary features; an outline of the book; and a large full-color map showing the setting of the book.
Another unique feature is the inclusion of over 50 helpful articles on topics such as the authority and truthfulness of the Bible, reading the Bible for application, the Bible in worship and prayer, the reliability of the biblical manuscripts, the relationship between archaeology and the Bible, an overview of biblical theology, and many more.
Other key resources include a system of 80,000 cross references and a concordance (which together facilitate easy location of important words, passages, and biblical themes). In addition, over 200 color charts, located throughout the Bible, provide clear, concise presentations of essential information.
View a complete list of editors, contributors, and articles.
- The ESV Bible text is set in highly readable 9-point type, in a single-column, book-text format.
- Section summaries are highlighted for easy location throughout the notes. Summaries provide an overview of each main section and correspond to the outline shown in the introduction for each book.
- Over 200 full-color maps printed throughout make events and places in the Bible come to life.
- Over 25,000 notes focus especially on understanding the Bible text and providing answers to frequently raised issues. Words from the Bible text are printed in bold for easy reference.
- Over 80,000 cross-references provide easy access to key words, passages, and themes throughout the Bible.
- Numerous diagrams bring fresh understanding to key places and events in the Bible, based on the best, most recent historical and archaeological research.
- Over 200 charts provide concise, “at a glance” summaries of important themes and teaching.
- Presentation page
- Family Record pages
- Ribbon marker
- 7" x 9.75" x 2"
- Gold page edges
|Format: Bonded Leather|
Number of Pages: 2752
Vendor: Crossway Books & Bibles
Publication Date: 2008
Dimensions: 9.50 X 6.75 X 2.25 (inches)
Availability: Expected to ship on or about 12/17/14.
Email me when this product is available.
References: Cross References|Side Column
Text Layout: Double Column|In-Text Maps/Charts
Text Size: 8 Point Notes|9-10 Point
Text Color: Black Letter
Combining the best and most recent evangelical Christian scholarship with the highly regarded ESV text, the ESV Study Bible is the most comprehensive study Bible ever published.
Pat5 Stars Out Of 5esv study bibleNovember 28, 2014Patexcellent bible
DS5 Stars Out Of 5Good study BibleNovember 22, 2014DSQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Good solid study Bible
D5 Stars Out Of 5ESV Study BibleNovember 18, 2014DQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Originally I purchased one like this for my husband, then I kept using his Bible for my sermon prep, so he had to buy another one for me, so he could us his! Great study notes. The imprinting is also nice.
Jay Maynard5 Stars Out Of 5ESV bible is exceptional!!!!November 5, 2014Jay MaynardQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5The ESV study bible is a great word for word translation, and great for preaching, and i would recommend this translation to everyone, i use this personally.
rkg23Age: Over 65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5ESV STUDY BIBLENovember 1, 2014rkg23Age: Over 65Gender: femaleWONDERFUL VERSION OF GOD'S HOLY WORD
Other Customers Also Purchased
NIV (1984) Life Application Study Bible, Revised--bonded leather, burgundyZondervan / 2005 / Bonded Leather$29.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 80 Reviews
$69.99Save 57% ($40.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW933900
Be Decisive (Jeremiah) - Slightly ImperfectDavid C. Cook / 2010 / Trade Paperback$5.99 Retail:
$12.99Save 54% ($7.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW766342DA