ESV Lutheran Study Bible, Hardcover
Email me when this product is available.
- NIV-New International Version
- KJV-King James Version
- NKJV-New King James Version
- ESV-English Standard Version
- NLT-New Living Translation
- NASB-New American Standard
- HCSB-Holman Christian Standard
- NIrV-New International Readers Version
- NRSV-New Revised Standard Version
- CEB-Common English Bible
- Ancient Manuscripts
- Author's Translation
- CEV-Contemporary English Version
- LBLA-Las Americas
- NAB-New American Bible
- NASB update-New American Standard Update
- NCV-New Century Version
- NET-New English Translation
- NTV-Nueva Traduccion Viviente
- NVI-Nueva Version Internacional
- RSV-Revised Standard Version
- RVR-Reina Valera
- The Voice
- TNIV-Today's New International Version
- With Apocrypha
- English Standard Version
- Helps & Features▼▲
- Book Introductions
- Book Outlines
- Character Profiles
- Family Record Page
- Gilded Edges
- Gold Gilding
- Harmony of the Gospels
- Magnetic Flap
- Note Pages
- Other Helps
- Plan of Salvation
- Presentation Page
- Ribbon Marker
- Self-Pronouncing Text
- Silver Gilding
- Table of Weights & Measures
- Thumb Index
- Topical Index
- Two or More Ribbon Markers
- w / Apocrypha / Deuterocanonicals
- Media Type▼▲
- Text Color▼▲
- Text Layout▼▲
- Text Size▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Engage in devotional, Christ-centered Bible reading and study with the distinctive, comprehensive notes and practical application of The Lutheran Study Bible.
This new Bible is the first in English to be developed from the ground-up with notes that are distinctively Lutheran, prepared by Lutheran theologians and pastors from over twenty Lutheran church bodies. Current Lutheran scholarship, insights from the Church Fathers, and rich devotional commentary provides meaningful perspective for both young and mature Christians.
The Lutheran Study Bible features:
- 26,500-plus uniquely Lutheran study notes.
- Over 2,000 application notes and prayers for every part of the Bible.
- 80,000 center column cross-references.
- Over 900 cross-references to 120 full or half-page maps, charts, and diagrams.
- 220-plus articles and introductions to biblical books and topics.
- Insights from early church, medieval and Reformation era church fathers.
- Uses the English Standard Version translation, one of the most precise English translations available.
- Durable Smyth-sewn binding.
The Lutheran Study Bible uses paper certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC), a decision that promotes our ongoing commitment to care for God’s creation.
Number of Pages: 2500
Vendor: Concordia Publishing House
Publication Date: 2009
Dimensions: 9.25 X 7.25 X 2.0 (inches)
Availability: Expected to ship on or about 02/02/15.
Email me when this product is available.
References: Center Column|Cross References
hudson5 Stars Out Of 5ESV Lutheran BibleOctober 28, 2014hudsonTruth
kmjcVilseck, GermanyAge: 25-34Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5True to Lutheran theological tradition.January 11, 2011kmjcVilseck, GermanyAge: 25-34Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I love the commentary which is so rich with Luther's insights. I am really enjoying reading from a perspective of so long ago. Wonderful insight on how a family is to respond to the Word together in harmony with each other.
deweydonPrescott, AZAge: 55-65Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5outstanding Lutheran doctrineDecember 10, 2010deweydonPrescott, AZAge: 55-65Gender: maleQuality: 4Value: 5Meets Expectations: 4My only complaint is the size of the print, even compared
to my regular ESV study bible.
Where else can you get the meaning of what Luther tried
to convey, when linked to the Bible as read as the Word.
R.C.5 Stars Out Of 5September 3, 2010R.C.This is the best Study Bible I've ever owned. I have the original Concordia SSB, ESVSB, NASBSB, NRSV Life Application...but this is the one for Lutherans, no matter if you're LCMS (as I am), or of another Lutheran body, or want to learn about Lutheranism. The scholarship is exceptional, and the ESV translation is reliable. Well worth the purchase.
Chris Buckmaster4 Stars Out Of 5February 16, 2010Chris BuckmasterWe bought this Bible as a gift and he loved it.It was for a retreat leader and the team was able to sign and share their favorite verses. He is a diehard Lutheran and was very pleased to receive this Bible. It was the perfect price and the personalization was wonderful.
Q: What color is the Genuine Leather Sangria Large Print edition? What color is the Sangria large print leather edition? Is it Burgundy, Brown, or a mix of the two? To me, the color looks Brown, much different than the hardback edition which seems to be Burgundy.
The Bible is burgundy.
Other Customers Also Purchased
Landscapes Sympathy Cards, Box of 12Papercraft By International Greetings / 2014 / Gift$4.99Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW656692
Ordained in Christ Paperweight, Carrera MarbleTerra Sancta Guild / Gift$11.99 Retail:
$14.95Save 20% ($2.96)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW6009585
NKJV Life Application Study Bible. Large Print, Brown and Tan Imitation LeatherTyndale House / 2013 / Imitation Leather$51.49 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 9 Reviews
$79.99Save 36% ($28.50)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW378960
Loving God's Abundant Life WristletChristian Tools Affirmation / 2014 / Gift$1.99Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW135976
|Email me when this product is available.|