- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Cyber Week
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- MP3 Music Downloads
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Sunday School
The ESV Study Bible includes more than 20,000 notes, written specifically for the ESV Study Bible. These notes focus especially on understanding the meaning of the text, giving answers to frequently raised questions, and providing theological, historical, and archaeological background—all for the purpose of helping readers to understand the Bible in a deeper way.
The ESV Study Bible also provides a wealth of additional resources. Thus the introductions to each book include essential information about the author, date, and place of writing; an extensive chart of key themes; a summary of how the book fits in with the rest of the biblical storyline; a description of literary features; an outline of the book; and a large full-color map showing the setting of the book.
Another unique feature is the inclusion of over 50 helpful articles on topics such as the authority and truthfulness of the Bible, reading the Bible for application, the Bible in worship and prayer, the reliability of the biblical manuscripts, the relationship between archaeology and the Bible, an overview of biblical theology, and many more.
Other key resources include a system of 80,000 cross references and a concordance (which together facilitate easy location of important words, passages, and biblical themes). In addition, over 200 color charts, located throughout the Bible, provide clear, concise presentations of essential information.
- The ESV Bible text is set in highly readable 9-point type, in a single-column, book-text format.
- Section summaries are highlighted for easy location throughout the notes. Summaries provide an overview of each main section and correspond to the outline shown in the introduction for each book.
- Over 200 full-color maps printed throughout make events and places in the Bible come to life.
- Over 25,000 notes focus especially on understanding the Bible text and providing answers to frequently raised issues. Words from the Bible text are printed in bold for easy reference.
- Over 80,000 cross-references provide easy access to key words, passages, and themes throughout the Bible.
- Numerous diagrams bring fresh understanding to key places and events in the Bible, based on the best, most recent historical and archaeological research.
- Over 200 charts provide concise, “at a glance” summaries of important themes and teaching.
- 16 pages of full-color maps
- Presentation page
- Family Record pages
- Gold page edges
- Ribbon marker
- 9.75" x 7.00" x 2.00"
|Format: Imitation Leather|
Number of Pages: 2752
Publication Date: 2013
Dimensions: 9.75 X 7.00 X 2.0 (inches)
Availability: In Stock
References: Cross References|Side Column
|Text Layout: In-Text Maps/Charts|Single Column|
Text Color: Black Letter
Text Size: 9 Point
Note Size: 7 Point
Thumb Index: No
Ribbon Marker: Yes
Page Gilding: Gold
Other Customers Also Purchased
ESV Study Bible, CBD Exclusive Edition; Black Genuine LeatherCrossway / 2015 / Genuine Leather$47.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 53 Reviews
$99.99Save 52% ($52.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW548119
Combining the best and most recent evangelical Christian scholarship with the highly regarded ESV text, the ESV Study Bible is one of the most comprehensive study Bibles ever published.
DavePortland, ORAge: 55-65Gender: male4 Stars Out Of 5I should have bought an eBibleJanuary 2, 2014DavePortland, ORAge: 55-65Gender: maleQuality: 4Value: 4Meets Expectations: 3On my first day of reading my ESV Study Bible, in one year, it is both enlightening and burdensome. I like the notes that explain the different theories of how the original text was written, the word meanings, and the description of pagan culture in comparison with biblical directives. However, the notes are not written as easy to read as the bible text. There are so many notes in Genisis 1-3. Plus, the 8 point type of the notes is unreadable without magnification, even under extra illumination. Since the majority of the study bible consists of the notes, most of the time I am using the magnifier. I should have bought an eBible, where I could just expand the note text with my fingers. That would work better for me.