ESV Study Bible, Walnut/taupe soft leather-look with core design
- Helps & Features▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Text Color▼▲
- Text Layout▼▲
- Text Size▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
The ESV Study Bible includes more than 20,000 notes, written specifically for the ESV Study Bible. These notes focus especially on understanding the meaning of the text, giving answers to frequently raised questions, and providing theological, historical, and archaeological background—all for the purpose of helping readers to understand the Bible in a deeper way.
The ESV Study Bible also provides a wealth of additional resources. Thus the introductions to each book include essential information about the author, date, and place of writing; an extensive chart of key themes; a summary of how the book fits in with the rest of the biblical storyline; a description of literary features; an outline of the book; and a large full-color map showing the setting of the book.
Another unique feature is the inclusion of over 50 helpful articles on topics such as the authority and truthfulness of the Bible, reading the Bible for application, the Bible in worship and prayer, the reliability of the biblical manuscripts, the relationship between archaeology and the Bible, an overview of biblical theology, and many more.
Other key resources include a system of 80,000 cross references and a concordance (which together facilitate easy location of important words, passages, and biblical themes). In addition, over 200 color charts, located throughout the Bible, provide clear, concise presentations of essential information.
Free—includes free access to the ESV Online Study Bible
View a complete list of editors, contributors, and articles.
- The ESV Bible text is set in highly readable 9-point type, in a single-column, book-text format.
- Section summaries are highlighted for easy location throughout the notes. Summaries provide an overview of each main section and correspond to the outline shown in the introduction for each book.
- Over 200 full-color maps printed throughout make events and places in the Bible come to life.
- Over 25,000 notes focus especially on understanding the Bible text and providing answers to frequently raised issues. Words from the Bible text are printed in bold for easy reference.
- Over 80,000 cross-references provide easy access to key words, passages, and themes throughout the Bible.
- Numerous diagrams bring fresh understanding to key places and events in the Bible, based on the best, most recent historical and archaeological research.
- Over 200 charts provide concise, “at a glance” summaries of important themes and teaching.
- 16 pages of full-color maps
- Presentation page
- Family Record pages
- Gold page edges
- Ribbon marker
- 9.75" x 7.00" x 2.00"
- Includes free access to the ESV Online Study Bible
|Format: Imitation Leather|
Number of Pages: 2752
Vendor: Crossway Books & Bibles
Publication Date: 2013
Dimensions: 9.25 X 6.50 (inches)
Availability: In Stock
References: Cross References|Side Column
Text Layout: In-Text Maps/Charts|Single Column
Text Size: 8 Point Notes|9-10 Point
Text Color: Black Letter
ESV Study Bible, Brown imitation leather with engraved cross designCrossway Books & Bibles / 2013 / Imitation Leather$46.99 Retail:4 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$79.99Save 41% ($33.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW535727
ESV Study Bible, TruTone, Brown/Purple with Iris DesignCrossway Books & Bibles / 2011 / Imitation Leather$50.49 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 7 Reviews
$79.99Save 37% ($29.50)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW528699
Combining the best and most recent evangelical Christian scholarship with the highly regarded ESV text, the ESV Study Bible is the most comprehensive study Bible ever published.
MassOhioAge: 45-54Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5It fabulousJune 15, 2013MassOhioAge: 45-54Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5This Bible more than met my expectations!!!
Its the nicest one i own regardless of imitation leather. its a must have for any student!
Q: Does this bible have the updated 2011 ESV text?
Yes, this Bible features the 2011 ESV text.
Q: Words of Christ in red letter?
No, this is not a red letter Bible.
Other Customers Also Purchased
NIV Thompson Chain-Reference Bible, Black Bonded Leather 1984B. B. Kirkbride / Bonded Leather$46.49 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 29 Reviews
$71.99Save 35% ($25.50)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW07331X
HCSB Ultrathin Reference Bible, Saddle Brown LeatherTouch, Thumb-IndexedHolman Bible Publishers / 2014 / Imitation Leather$24.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 2 Reviews
$34.99Save 29% ($10.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW407414
TrueU 03: Who Is Jesus? Building a Comprehensive Case Small Group CurriculumFocus on the FamilyTyndale House / 2012 / DVD$32.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 4 Reviews
$39.99Save 18% ($7.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW977235Video