ESV Study Bible, TruTone, Brown/Purple with Iris Design
- NIV-New International Version
- KJV-King James Version
- NKJV-New King James Version
- ESV-English Standard Version
- NLT-New Living Translation
- NASB-New American Standard
- HCSB-Holman Christian Standard
- NIrV-New International Readers Version
- CEB-Common English Bible
- ICB-International Children's Bible
- God's Word
- NASB update-New American Standard Update
- NCV-New Century Version
- NVI-Nueva Version Internacional
- RVR-Reina Valera
- The Voice
- TNIV-Today's New International Version
- Helps & Features▼▲
- Book Introductions
- Book Outlines
- Character Profiles
- Family Record Page
- Gilded Edges
- Gold Gilding
- Harmony of the Gospels
- Note Pages
- Other Helps
- Plan of Salvation
- Presentation Page
- Ribbon Marker
- Self-Pronouncing Text
- Silver Gilding
- Snap Flap
- Table of Weights & Measures
- Thumb Index
- Topical Index
- Two or More Ribbon Markers
- Media Type▼▲
- Text Color▼▲
- Text Layout▼▲
- Text Size▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
The ESV Study Bible also provides a wealth of additional resources. Thus the introductions to each book include essential information about the author, date, and place of writing; an extensive chart of key themes; a summary of how the book fits in with the rest of the biblical storyline; a description of literary features; an outline of the book; and a large full-color map showing the setting of the book.
Another unique feature is the inclusion of over 50 helpful articles on topics such as the authority and truthfulness of the Bible, reading the Bible for application, the Bible in worship and prayer, the reliability of the biblical manuscripts, the relationship between archaeology and the Bible, an overview of biblical theology, and many more.
Other key resources include a system of 80,000 cross references and a concordance (which together facilitate easy location of important words, passages, and biblical themes). In addition, over 200 color charts, located throughout the Bible, provide clear, concise presentations of essential information.
Free—includes free access to the ESV Online Study Bible
- The ESV Bible text is set in highly readable 9-point type, in a single-column, book-text format.
- Section summaries are highlighted for easy location throughout the notes. Summaries provide an overview of each main section and correspond to the outline shown in the introduction for each book.
- Over 200 full-color maps printed throughout make events and places in the Bible come to life.
- Over 25,000 notes focus especially on understanding the Bible text and providing answers to frequently raised issues. Words from the Bible text are printed in bold for easy reference.
- Over 80,000 cross-references provide easy access to key words, passages, and themes throughout the Bible.
- Numerous diagrams bring fresh understanding to key places and events in the Bible, based on the best, most recent historical and archaeological research.
- Over 200 charts provide concise, "at a glance" summaries of important themes and teaching.
- Free ESV Online Study Bible available with purchase
- Finest quality European Bible paper
- Durable Smyth-sewn binding, lays flat when open
- Presentation page
- Family Record pages
- Ribbon marker
- Gold page edges
- 9.75" x 7.00" x 2.00"
|Format: Imitation Leather|
Number of Pages: 2880
Vendor: Crossway Books & Bibles
Publication Date: 2011
Dimensions: 9.75 X 7.0 X 2.25 (inches)
Availability: In Stock
References: Cross References|Side Column
Text Layout: In-Text Maps/Charts|Single Column
Text Size: 8 Point Notes|9-10 Point
Text Color: Black Letter
ESV Personal-Size Study Bible, TruTone, Olive Celtic Cross DesignCrossway Books & Bibles / 2011 / Imitation Leather$37.49 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 71 Reviews
$64.99Save 42% ($27.50)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW524707
Combining the best and most recent evangelical Christian scholarship with the highly regarded ESV text, the ESV Study Bible is the most comprehensive study Bible ever published.
augspurger06Winner, SDAge: 25-34Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5April 9, 2013augspurger06Winner, SDAge: 25-34Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5.....................................................................................................................................................................
TiffaHonolulu, HawaiiAge: 25-34Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5I love my new ESV study bible!December 11, 2012TiffaHonolulu, HawaiiAge: 25-34Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I needed a new study bible and my favorite color is purple, but it was hard for me to find a purple study bible. There were plenty of purple pocket bibles or new testaments but I was SO excited when I found the ESV study bible. Thank you! I am more than thrilled with doing business with Christianbook.com. You are the best! Merry Christmas!
SissyNCAge: 55-65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5I have enjoyed reading this translation.May 29, 2012SissyNCAge: 55-65Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I like to read different translations and this is a good one.
kcarpenterMilledgeville, GAAge: 35-44Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5Beautiful and useful ESV study bibleMarch 16, 2012kcarpenterMilledgeville, GAAge: 35-44Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Purchased this as a gift for my wife. She loves the appearance and the great study material. She especially likes this because it's lighter and easier to carry than the basic hardcover edition. I highly recommend this bible.
GreggoReading, PAAge: 25-34Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5great productMarch 4, 2012GreggoReading, PAAge: 25-34Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5got a great bible from here!! Bought it as a valentines day gift for my fiance and she loved it. Guys try to get your girl one for V-day if she don't love getting it find out why might be imprtant to know
Q: What size bible cover should I purchase for Bible WW528699
The Bible measures 9.75" x 7.00" x 2.00". Each Bible cover will have different measurements so be sure to check the measurements for each one. Most likely you will need a large Bible cover.
Other Customers Also Purchased
The Story, NIV: The Bible As One Continuous Story of God and His People. HardcoverZondervan / 2011 / Hardcover$5.00 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 114 Reviews
$19.99Save 75% ($14.99)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW950974Video
NKJV Jesus Calling Devotional Bible: Enjoying Peace in His Presence, Padded HardcoverEdited by Sarah YoungThomas Nelson / 2011 / Hardcover$9.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 52 Reviews
$39.99Save 75% ($30.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW548629Video
A Call to Resurgence: Will Christianity Have a Funeral or a Future?Mark DriscollTyndale House / 2013 / Hardcover$14.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 8 Reviews
$19.99Save 25% ($5.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW383620