- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- US States▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Resource Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Tailored to today's learner, simply look up your lessons on the publisher website to practice with games and quizzes, review vocabulary with digital flashcards, or listen to supplemental audio downloads for practice on the go.
Living Language Learners encounter a four-part structure in each lesson which effectively teaches and reinforces vocabulary, grammar, comprehension, and speaking skills:
- Presentation: words and phrases are presented first, followed by sentences and conversations. Grammar is explained in a relevant context with clear explanations and comparisons to what the learner already knows, while examples reinforce vocabulary.
- A book with 10 lessons and additional review space
- A blank notebook for your notes
- 3 audio CDs with vocabulary, dialogues, audio exercises and more
- Access to the free online learning website
- Practice: learners practice with written, audio, and interactive exercises. Cumulative exercises recycle material to move language from short-term to long-term memory.
- Expansion: learners encounter new vocabulary in controlled contexts, but as the course progresses, less predictable contexts are used, expanding abilities to handle language in a more natural manner.
- Review & Reinforcement: each dialogue, example sentence, and practice exercise, reviews previous content while putting new material in context.
This course includes 10 lessons that includes specific grammar and vocabulary building and practice, as well as workout and synthesizing exercises that help you put what you've learned together. Two quizzes are included for mid-way through the course, and after you complete the course.
This "Essential" package includes:
Vendor: Living Language
Publication Date: 2012
Availability: In Stock
At the core of English, Essential Edition is the Living Language Method™, based on linguistic science, proven techniques, and over 65 years of experience. Our method teaches you the whole language, so you can express yourself, not just recite memorized words or scripts.
Millions have learned with Living Language®. Now its your turn.
• Book: 10 lessons, additional review exercises and dialogues, and a grammar summary
• 3 Audio CDs: Vocabulary, dialogues, audio exercises, and morelisten while using the books or use for review on the go
• Free Online Learning:Flashcards, games, and interactive quizzes for each lesson at www.livinglanguage.com/languagelab
To learn more visit livinglanguage.com.
The Living Language Method™
Build a Foundation
Start speaking English immediately using essential words and phrases.
Progress with Confidence
Build on each lesson as you advance to full sentences, then actual conversations.
Retain what Youve Learned
Special recall exercises move your new language from short-term to long-term memory.
Achieve Your Goals
Dont just mimic or memorize. Develop practical language skills to speak in any situation.
Ingles Rapido y Facil, Cassettes / Quick & Simple English, CassettesPimsleurSimon & Schuster / Cassette$17.96 Retail:
$19.95Save 10% ($1.99)Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.CBD Stock No: WW10232
English DVD 3-pack (Composition, Grammar 1, Punctuation 1)Cerebellum Corporation / DVD$42.99 Retail:
$53.99Save 20% ($11.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW983182
Standard Deviants School ESL 12 Pack DVDCerebellum Corporation / DVD$259.19 Retail:
$323.98Save 20% ($64.79)Availability: Expected to ship on or about 06/20/15.CBD Stock No: WW103327
Living Language English for Japanese Speakers, Complete EditionLiving LanguageLiving Language / 2012 / Other$44.99 Retail:
$49.99Save 10% ($5.00)Availability: Expected to ship on or about 06/20/15.CBD Stock No: WW972477