- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
- The Notebook
- Sweet Home Alabama
- Ever After
- 13 Going on 30
- Runaway Bride
- The Devil Wears Prada
Number of Pages: 160
Vendor: AMG Publishers
Publication Date: 2008
|Dimensions: 8.50 X 5.50 (inches)|
Availability: In Stock
WHERE MOVIES AND IN-DEPTH BIBLE STUDY COLLIDE
In Ephesians: Finding True Love, you will journey through Paul's letter with today's most popular films and screen actors as your guides. This six-week study will take you verse-by-verse through the book of Ephesians while highlighting a different modern film classic each week.
Learn how the story of forgotten love in the film The Notebook dovetails with Christ's description of the Ephesians church in Revelation 2. Be challenged to rekindle true love with Christ through the romantic comedy Sweet Home Alabama. Contrast the conditional love personified in the character Alex Hitchens from the movie Hitch with the undying love of Christ. Find out how a miniature "dream house" featured in 13 Going on 30 resembles how Christians become God's dream house. Be strengthened in the knowledge that God arms believers against Satan's evil schemes through a discussion of the film The Devil Wears Prada. An in the end, the words of Ephesians will not only offer you a message true love through glimpses of unusual places.
SARA L.HOWELL has a special calling to serve women. years ago, Sara become enamored with Song of Solomon 4:9, "You have stolen my heart, my sister, my bride; you have stolen my heart with one glance of your eyes." It was through this scripture she realized for the first time that she was a "heart stealer". This verse has inspired her to write books for women in the heart Stealers Bible Studies series for AMG Publisher. In 1995, Sarah was caught stealing again. This time, she stole the heart of her husband, Sonny Howell. Sarah and Sonny reside in Columbus , Georgia, with their three young daughters: Lauren, Abby, and Leah
"Sarah Howell writes in the authentic voice of someone in touch with God as well as her contemporary generation."
Paul Conn, Ph.D
President, Lee University
Amber Morrow4 Stars Out Of 5March 19, 2010Amber MorrowI think it is a great way for teen girls to learn and get something out of a few of the movies they have watched, but never really thought about this way. this is a great teaching tool.
Marcie5 Stars Out Of 5June 30, 2008MarcieIn her classic style, Ms. Howell has written an extraordinary Bible Study which combines some of today's most popular movies with Biblical truths. I don't know of a better way to relate to the youth of this generation! I'm not in the target audience age bracket, however, I found the book just as applicable to my life and spiritual growth. I wholeheartedly recommend this book if you're looking for a life-changing good read!
Find Related Products
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Studies by Books of the Bible
- Books >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Studies by Books of the Bible
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Women's Ministry
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Women's Ministry >> Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books >> Closeouts
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Studies by Books of the Bible
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Women's Ministry
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Women's Ministry
- Church & Pastoral >> Women's Ministry >> Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Closeouts >> Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Closeouts >> Books
- Closeouts >> Church & Pastoral
- Start A New Search