- Books of the Bible▼▲
- Group or Individual Study▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Number of Lessons▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
|Format: Word Document|
Vendor: Christianity Today
Publication Date: 2009
|Availability: In Stock|
Series: Christian Vision Project Bible Study
What we see of the global church depends on where we look.
We know that global church growth is largely happening in the margins, among ordinary people, without big budgets or impressive credentials, writes Andrew Jones. But when we go out to worship with the indigenous church in Colombia or Malaysia or Italy, we end up sitting on a pew singing expat choruses with a national pastor who has colonized himself for our approval. Seeking out the familiar in obscure corners of the world hardly counts as travel, let alone pilgrimage. It s ecclesio-tourism.
How can Western Christians see the global church more clearly? Why should we bother? These are the challenging questions Jones raises.
Table of Contents
SCRIPTURE: Micah 5:2; Matthew 13:31 35; Galatians 3:1 14; 3:26 29; 6:1 10
Identify the Current Issue
Discover the Eternal Principles
--Teaching point one: Sometimes small is great..
--Teaching point two: Sometimes less is more.
--Teaching point three: Sometimes safe is dangerous.
Apply Your Findings
ARTICLE FROM CHRISTIANITY TODAY
What Did You Go Out to See, by Andrew Jones
You have permission to make up to 1,000 copies for use in your local church.
Find Related Products
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Evangelism/Missions
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- Start A New Search