- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- MP3 Music Downloads
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Sunday School
Students will develop their understanding of reading, writing, and correct grammar with ACE's high school English IV curriculum. PACE 1133 covers English literature from AD 449-AD 1475, punctuation and capitalization rules in activities relating to graduation, and learning to be creative. Fill-in-the-blank, multiple-choice, and write-in comprehension exercises help with review and retention. Full-color pictures. 35 pages, paperback booklet. Grade 12, English 4-1. PACE 1133. Answers are in the sold-separate PACE SCORE Key booklet.
Accelerated Christian Education (ACE) curriculum has Scripture as its foundation, fully integrating biblical principles, wisdom, and character-building concepts into education. Students move at their own speed through the self-instructional "PACE" workbooks. Following the mastery approach, PACEs are formatted for students to complete the exercises found throughout the workbook, take a practice "self test," and conclude with a "final test" (removed from the center) to measure understanding.
Vendor: Accelerated Christian Education
|Availability: In Stock|
Series: ACE PACE
Other Customers Also Purchased
English 4 PACE 1134, Grade 12Accelerated Christian Education / Trade Paperback$3.30Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW6011548
English 4 PACE 1135, Grade 12Accelerated Christian Education / Trade Paperback$3.30Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW6011549
English PACE SCORE Key 1133-1135, Grade 12Accelerated Christian Education / Trade Paperback$3.30Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW6011627
English 4 PACE 1136, Grade 12Accelerated Christian Education / Trade Paperback$3.30Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW6011550
Melody CoxSouthern IndianaAge: 55-65Gender: female1 Stars Out Of 5First PACE We Have Disliked. I Cannot RecommendSeptember 15, 2015Melody CoxSouthern IndianaAge: 55-65Gender: femaleQuality: 1Value: 1Meets Expectations: 1We have used PACES in several different maths, health, and Bible and it has worked well for us in the past but this English is atrocious. In my seven years of homeschooling this is the worst curriculum I have come across or purchased.
It is certainly not what I was anticipating and if it had not been written in I would return it. In my opinion it is just awful. My son feels the same. I went over this review with him and we both agree with this rating and review.
What we see as problem areas:
1. The booklet has a very old-fashioned look. It is all in black and white and is very dreary in appearance. Certainly not something that draws or holds the attention. Very blah.
2. Son's largest complaint: the directions/instructions are not specific, nor are they clear, leaving us with no other option than taking an educated guess as to what they are wanting and expecting. I am no genius but did very well in school and they don't make much sense to me, either. Today I read the directions/instructions three times and could not make heads or tales of what they truly wanted from the student and this is a daily issue.
3. What I was not expecting was all the poems and short stories to be written in middle English where you have no clue how to pronounce the words, let alone what they mean. If you are reading a 5000 word short story and don't understand half of the words therein, looking all of them up is an impossibility. It would take all year to get through one or two PACES.
Example: "Mony a one for him makes mane, But nane sall ken where is gane; O'er his white banes, when they are bare, The wind sall blaw for evermair.
I, personally, attempted to look up four of the words listed in the above example online and only two of them had any type of definition or synonym. If the World Wide Web doesn't know with all its resources, how are we expected to figure it out.
4. The print is small to medium small and in some places the line spacing is close. Both my son and I have had a problem when moving from one line to the next. To us, tracking from line to line is more difficult than we think it should be.
5. The 'fill in the answer' area is way too small to accommodate most answers. There is no possible way the answers that the answer booklet expects can fit into the allotted amount of space in the workbook. The ease of the Pace system, for us, is everything is read, written or answered in the workbook. This workbook defeats that purpose because of so little space for fully answering the questions. That leads us to keep up with additional papers that are used for answers. We have also had this problem in other PACES.
We cannot, in good conscience, recommend this workbook. I am hoping the others in this English series get better as we go along but I am not too hopeful.
Find Related Products
Here at Christianbook.com, we offer thousands of quality curriculums, workbooks, and references to meet your homeschooling needs. To assist you in your choices, we have included the following symbol next to those materials that specifically reflect a Christian worldview.
If you have any questions about specific products, our knowledgeable Homeschool Specialists will be glad to help you. Just call 1-800-788-1221.