Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: B&H Academic
Publication Date: 2005
Availability: In Stock
“[Encountering the Manuscripts] focuses on the most significant New Testament manuscripts from the perspective of paleography and textual criticism. Paleography pertains to the dating of the manuscripts, as well as to the calligraphic features of the manuscripts themselves. Each manuscript has a story to tell; each manuscript gives us a window into the transmission of the New Testament text in the earliest centuries. Textual criticism pertains to the critical evaluation of the trustworthiness of the text of each manuscript with respect to recovering the original wording of the Greek New Testament. This volume merges the two areas of study by looking at both paleography and textual criticism as we encounter the New Testament manuscripts.”
New Testament manuscript. His previous works include The Test of the Earliest New Testament Manuscripts, Early Manuscripts and Modern Translations of the New Testament, and New Testament Text and Translation Commentary.
Al C. Willett5 Stars Out Of 5December 23, 2007Al C. WillettA must have for the study of Paleography! I recently finished this volume and plan to reread it again! If you are into the study of biblical manuscripts this is one of present studies to have! Much detailed information.
Find Related Products
- Download >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies >> New Testament Studies
- Download >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies >> Textual Criticism
- Download >> eBooks >> Church History >> History of the Bible & Bible Translations
- eBooks >> Biblical Studies >> New Testament Studies
- eBooks >> Biblical Studies >> Textual Criticism
- eBooks >> Church History >> History of the Bible & Bible Translations
- Start A New Search