An easy-to-use, effective phonics and reading program used in successful private schools, public schools, and homeschooling families. Handwriting, spelling, and language are integrated into the curriculum. Children write, spell, and apply language concepts to words learned in the phonics portion of the lessons.
Phonics concepts taught in Grade 2 include:
- First grade review
- Vowel digraphs: au, ew, ie, ea (short e), ue
- Consonant digraphs: wh, ph, ch
- Additional long a spellings: ea, ey, eigh
- Suffixes and prefixes
- Silent letters
- Schwa sounds
- Compound words
- Multi-syllable words
- R controlled a sound (as in air, bear, care)
- ough, augh, tion, nse, nce, dge
Language concepts taught include:
- Nouns, verbs, pronouns, adjectives
- Alphabetizing by the second and third letter
- Vocabulary development
- Synonyms, opposites, homophones
- Story elements: order, main idea
- Creative writing
The workbook provides daily activities for reinforcement of concepts taught in the lessons. All workbooks are in black and white for students to color after completing the lessons. Spiral-bound so they can be folded flat.
Have a question about this product? Ask us here.