- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Publication Date: 2011
Dimensions: 9 X 6 (inches)
Availability: In Stock
The Sky Is Not Falling: Living Fearlessly in These Turbulent TimesCharles ColsonWorthy Publishing / 2011 / Hardcover$3.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 9 Reviews
$22.99Save 83% ($19.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW034543Video
The Faith: What Christians Believe, Why They Believe It, and Why It MattersCharles Colson, Harold FickettZondervan / 2008 / Hardcover$5.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 31 Reviews
$18.99Save 68% ($13.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW276036
God and Government: An Insider's View on the Boundaries Between Faith & PoliticsCharles ColsonZondervan / 2007 / Trade Paperback$9.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 7 Reviews
$14.99Save 33% ($5.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW77647
In this six-session small group bible study, Doing the Right Thing, from Chuck Colson, Robert George, and an all-star panel examines how ethical and character issues relate to life at home, school, and the workplace. Panel discussions, interviews, and live student questions guide the stimulating dialogue.
Doing the Right Thing explores the ethical and moral breakdown hitting culture from all sides. Through panel discussions, interviews, and live student questions it raises ethical issues in a non-condemning but challenging way, stimulating thought, discussion, and action.
This Participant Guide and companion DVD pack (both included), encourages viewers to examine themselves and how ethical and character issues relate to their lives at home, school, and the workplace. As a result of this discussion and self-examination, participants will exhort each other and promote an ethic of virtue in their spheres of influence and in the culture at large.
This examination of ethics consists of six sessions, each designed to last approximately one hour. Each session consists of thirty minutes of video and thirty minutes of discussion.
Session topics include:
1. How did we get into this mess?
2. Is there truth, a moral law we all can know?
3. If we know what is right, can we do it?
4. What does it mean to be human?
5. Ethics in the market place
6. Ethics in public life
Chuck Colson was a popular and widely known author, speaker, and radio commentator. A former presidential aide to Richard Nixon and founder of the international ministry Prison Fellowship, he wrote several books that have shaped Christian thinking on a variety of subjects, including Born Again, Loving God, How Now Shall We Live?, The Good Life, and The Faith. His radio broadcast, BreakPoint, at one point aired to two million listeners. Chuck Colson donated all of his royalties, awards, and speaking fees to Prison Fellowship Ministries.
Q: If I get a kit, does it include the DVD and the guide, or do I need more than one thing.
Q: Would this be appropriate for school-aged children?
Other Customers Also Purchased
The Church's Guide for Reading Paul: The Canonical Shaping of the Pauline CorpusBrevard S. ChildsWm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co. / 2008 / Trade Paperback$5.59 Retail:
$28.00Save 80% ($22.41)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW862785
Images of the Spirit, LifeGuide Topical Bible StudiesDale Larsen, Sandy LarsenInter-Varsity Press / 2007 / Trade Paperback$5.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$8.00Save 25% ($2.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW830359
Find Related Products
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Character
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Faith
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Video Curriculum >> Christian Life
- Books >> Bible Studies >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Character
- Books >> Bible Studies >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Faith
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Video Curriculum
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Video Curriculum
- DVDs >> Church & Pastoral
- DVDs >> Video Curriculum >> Small Group Resources >> Christian Life
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search