- Books of the Bible▼▲
- Group or Individual Study▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Number of Lessons▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
|Format: Word Document|
Vendor: Christianity Today
Publication Date: 2009
|Availability: In Stock|
Series: Current Issues Bible Studies
Richard Lischer s article is a review of the book In the Image of God: Religion, Moral Values, and Our Heritage of Slavery (Yale, 2001) by David Brion Davis. Davis s book is a detailed history of slavery worldwide and how it has been practiced in various cultures. This Bible study will look at some of the points made in Lischer s article, but also at what Scripture says and doesn t say about slavery.
Table of Contents
SCRIPTURE: Exodus 3:7-20; Romans 6:1-23; 1 Corinthians 9:19-23; Galatians 3:28; Ephesians 6:5-8; Philemon 8-22
Identify the Current Issue
Discover the Eternal Principles
--Teaching point one: Is slavery part of God s eternal plan for his people?
--Teaching point two: We re set free by grace and yet still slaves?
Apply Your Findings
ARTICLE FROM BOOKS AND CULTURE
People as Property, by Richard Lischer (2002)
You have permission to make up to 1,000 copies for use in your local church.
Find Related Products
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Biblical Subjects >> Tough Questions
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Biblical Subjects
- Download >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Biblical Subjects
- Download >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- Start A New Search